• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What foam in your rovers

cisco

Just wondering what foams you guys are using with the rover tires? Saw rovers on sale at CKRC for 10.99 a pair.

Was reading that the nova 2 stage foams were good too. I dont trust the internet though. All it takes is one or two people to get the whole herd running.

nova dual stage foams FTW, they will remain consistant in the cold weather/warm weather unlike Mem foam which will be hard as a rock in the chilly winter temps and conform nicely in the summer...well at least in the afternoon

Just wondering what foams you guys are using with the rover tires? Saw rovers on sale at CKRC for 10.99 a pair.

Running the foams that came with the tires....has some flat spots in the middle of the tread, vented the wheels and that helped a bit. the Rovers work:cool:

just ordered 2 sets of white rovers for twenty two bucks. im stoked about the price but hope they work as well as they are priced. running proline titus weighted wheels.

My buddy is running the foam out of his stock tires in his 5.5 rock grabbers i don't know if it works any better. Anyone do the same thing and know if it works? Because wouldn't you know it i ordered my 10 dollar rovers a week ago so they sould be here today. ckrc sucks at shipping always had a problem.

Stock foams uncut are not bad but they are too small and cause the tread face to dimple in slightly.

I have been running the pro-line 2 stage foams with good success.

I'm now running the novas ark dual stage foams in my 2.2 rovers and my 1.9 flatirons.....what a difference! no more tire collapsing on undercuts or getting stuck in holes. And Eddie also sent me some single stage 1.9 foams(not memory foam) to test in the new 1.9 rovers(red compound). Hopefully my darksoul beadlocks and 1.9 rovers arrive before the comp on sat so I can test them.:corn:

I'm now running the novas ark dual stage foams in my 2.2 rovers and my 1.9 flatirons.....what a difference! no more tire collapsing on undercuts or getting stuck in holes. And Eddie also sent me some single stage 1.9 foams(not memory foam) to test in the new 1.9 rovers(red compound). Hopefully my darksoul beadlocks and 1.9 rovers arrive before the comp on sat so I can test them.:corn:

I need to get a set of those foams..

I need to get a set of those foams..

Crash, can your rig run axial wheels? if so you can run my wheels and new white rovers with the novas dual foams at the comp. I'm only running my 1.9 as my 2.2 has rear steer...the tire/wheel combo weighs 9.5 oz ea.
Brent

Crash, can your rig run axial wheels? if so you can run my wheels and new white rovers with the novas dual foams at the comp. I'm only running my 1.9 as my 2.2 has rear steer...the tire/wheel combo weighs 9.5 oz ea.
Brent

Close to axial offset--but I wouldn't mind trying them out to see how they work. Nice thing about those foams is they don't have the reaction to temps like memory foams do.

Close to axial offset--but I wouldn't mind trying them out to see how they work. Nice thing about those foams is they don't have the reaction to temps like memory foams do.

Yea, no more hocky pucks with flat spots:haha: I will bring em:awesomework:

Thread hijack

Crash I put a mini torquemaster in the 1.9 and I get an intermittant stall....the led's on the reciever and esc are on when this occurs so it's not a power issue with them and the pinion mesh is perfect. Someone from the rc crawlers board said it needs a break in( run forward for 15 min with small load to set brushes) I did this and it worked for 2 packs but had the same prob with the 3rd pack. Any ideas on what to try next?
Brent

hijack over

Thread hijack

Crash I put a mini torquemaster in the 1.9 and I get an intermittant stall....the led's on the reciever and esc are on when this occurs so it's not a power issue with them and the pinion mesh is perfect. Someone from the rc crawlers board said it needs a break in( run forward for 15 min with small load to set brushes) I did this and it worked for 2 packs but had the same prob with the 3rd pack. Any ideas on what to try next?
Brent

hijack over

Try this. Wash the brush's out with brake clean and blow it out. Spray some water on the brush's and do another break in then clean them off with brake clean again and try that.

R/C motor cleaner or electrical cleaner is a better option,brake cleaner can attack some plastics.

Careful, all of the above are flammable, make sure it has evaporated or been washed clear with water as Crash suggested.The motor can spark on start up and will ignite the residue if still present.

Check your brushes for smooth movement,clean if neccesary.If you havent already get ahold of Holmes and get a set of the silver brushes.They are much mother and will reduce hangups which will cause your intermitant stall you discribed.

Mr Blue (sorry cant remember your real name) I wanted to let you know I looked in my pit box after we talked for those silver brushes.What I had was the stock ones I had replaced with silvers.I forgot to tell you and didnt want you to think I had blown you off.

Good luck with getting it up and running, if you have acces to a com lathe,just cutting the com might help it out also.

Mr Blue (sorry cant remember your real name) I wanted to let you know I looked in my pit box after we talked for those silver brushes.What I had was the stock ones I had replaced with silvers.I forgot to tell you and didnt want you to think I had blown you off.

Good luck with getting it up and running, if you have acces to a com lathe,just cutting the com might help it out also.

No prob! I cleaned it with electrical spray and blew it out with low pressure then let it dry....prob solved, also got the micro sidewinder esc programmed and installed. What a difference.... dragbrake is awesome
btw I'm Brent (Mrblue or SKETCHY depending on which profile will login... POS computer)