• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

???what gears in axles???

daddyxyj

i have been wheeling a built jeep for years now.the time has come to get rid of the yj and move on to finish my bouncer chassis to get a better edge on the compition.question I have is for the serious bouncers out there.the ones who spend the money to break and rebuild the next day to break again till its built to perfection. engine is shafiroff 632 big block/turbo 400 43 stickies.blah blah same **** everybody wants to run. right now im running a mild 400 hp ls 6.0 with dana 300 pimped out to the fullest with low max 4:1 and 5:13 in the axles.just looking for some input as I am from florida and there are no big dog bouncers down here till now.and I am not wanting to experiment with axle ratios due to time to tear down and retry again.so just looking to see what most of the higher horse power rigs are running in axle ratio and t case ratio.thanks for your time in advanced.yes I am aware the dana 300 will not hold up and it will not be used for this build for obvious reasons.

have not decided on case yet,thats why the questions are as noted= what ratio are the high hp rigs running in the t case and what axle ratios as well.no not a dana 30.........................seriously... I am running a 400 hp ls/turbo 400/dana 300 lomax/down east off road flip kit/novak super short 32 spline out put shafted t case/ dana 60 front axle and steering 14 bolt rear. going to be running steering 14 bolts in front and rear of chassis. I will be running either straight drive cyclone or scs style t case or an atlas this is still to be determined as I haven't been able to talk to anyone that is running a straight drive non selectable case(but they are superior in strength just not selectable for a high and low nor for 2wd to 4wd. the engine has been dynode at 835 hp 5600 rpms/750 ft lbs of torque at 4500.this is not a bull **** junk yard engine.

I know bobby tanner runs 3.73's in his axles. Think a 3.8 case but not sure. Hitman ran 3.73's and 3.8 atlas
Thanks,
Bobby
Sales Manager
CCOR
706-207-4140

My eyes went :eek: when I read 400hp and Dana 30!!!! But 300 makes more sense.

Sounds like a mighty healthy motor on your hands for the buggy too!

Most I've heard of (think Timmie) tend to keep ratios a secret, but I've seen everything from 3.73 to 5.38 axle gears in bouncers. Just depends on the terrain and how far down the right foot goes.

Basically this is an endless debate but hopefully some of the actual rock bouncers/racers chime in shortly.

yeah I re read what I typed and fixed the dana 30 to a 300. thanks once again any info is appreciated.looks like im headed to 3:73 or 4:10 with a straight drive scs case but am looking for concret numbers.thanks to all keep info coming if you don't mind.

It's prob more of a personal preference thing rather than what the next guy is runnin... If I was starting with a motor as healthy as yours I would prob stay in the 3.73 range with around 3.5 case ratio... If your building axles skip the 14 and go right to d80... My guess is even 14 bolt b pissed off at. 800 hp bouncin off the limiter