• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What kit for th350

blacksheep10 said:
In nearly the same space, put the 6l80 in. LOW first, nice OD. They are apparently fairly tough as well.

x2

The 6L trans are really cool. 1st is low enough that you run a 205 and put the money saved toward the trans.

If I ever gather parts up to build a real buggy I think it would have to be 6.2/6Lxx/NP205/drop out 10"s (or a new aftermarket tcase if I had the cash)

I'd probably end up with a stock 5.3/th400/np205 & stock rockwells or superduty axles, because I'm a cheap (and broke)ass

Driveshafts are toast. He took a jump and landed wrong a popped a link bar on the front and broke the np208 right off. So right now everything is building from scratch. He has a 203 and 205 and just ordered the nwf adapter. He has the th350 adapter but the th350 needs rebuilt. The th400 currently in the jeep is good but he will need an adapter to the 203 and an input shaft to go to the trans. If anyone has these parts I'm sure he would keep the 400 in it.

Yes the np208 has been good. Gear ratio mainly and he had it. The plan all along was to go to the 203/205 when he got the funds. He was just up in the air because for what it would cost him for the aa adapter and input to bolt it to his 300 he could build a th350 with reverse valve body.

So, we are talking about building a 1500 dollar th350 and he is running a 208? And it holds up fine other than busting it to **** after a jump? Sounds like a regular built th350 and t-case that is supported/mounted right will be fine.

kmcminn said:
I wish i could call Ed and have him build me pg. I simply cant afford it though.

Aj how much does it cost in parts to build a Tanner Proof pg? No labor?

I personally don't like the powerglide for racing or trail riding. With the main gearing options of 1.80-1.1 you don't have much options for speed. It's fast and faster. There are other options but that's what most run. With reid case and parts you'd be close to 2500. I personally charge $250 labor to build a 350-400 or powerglide. I've only built local for mudders and some other buggy/jeeps around me. I rebuild mainly for chevy trucks, 4l60 and 4l80e trans. I'm $400 for a benched trans master rebuild. I do about 500 a year

dynajeep said:
I personally don't like the powerglide for racing or trail riding. With the main gearing options of 1.80-1.1 you don't have much options for speed. It's fast and faster. There are other options but that's what most run. With reid case and parts you'd be close to 2500. I personally charge $250 labor to build a 350-400 or powerglide. I've only built local for mudders and some other buggy/jeeps around me. I rebuild mainly for chevy trucks, 4l60 and 4l80e trans. I'm $400 for a benched trans master rebuild. I do about 500 a year
Dang man

Thats a pile of cases.

I don't pull them or install... so that helps a lot. Just to be clear, Ed at PTC built my th400 in my old buggy because I feel like he knows the performance side and the secrets to make them last better than I do. Back on track for this thread though... sounds like he's got some mounting issues

infamous1 said:
Why all the hate on a TH350?? Less rotating mass = more HP see the LS thread. Besides half of you whiney internets haters coudnt break a damn yugo trans.

Sadly enough, I can break anything. Most can get by for years on a 350.....I would like to think I could go a season as well.

After some research it looks like the adapter he has for the np208 will work by drilling the pattern into the 203 and buying the 32 spline input. I think some of you on here missed the point of this but whatever. There are far more th350 being ran in rigs than th400. At first he was looking at a k case 350 that works but was going to put a good kit in it and had all the **** to bolt up which would have cost the same as buying the adapters to keep the 400. Now that he can save 350$ by drilling the 203 it's actually cheaper to keep the 400. Thanks for the help.