• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what material for easy removable windshield?

dodgecrawler2011

Looking for something easy in easy out. That isn't goin to break first rock or mud clump. Its on a f/s dodge. It doesnt have one at all at the moment but it would be nice to have a bit of a windbreaker during the winter months. Any ideals

I have a piece of 1/4" lexan in the windshield frame of my YJ using a CJ glass seal. Lightweight and won't break if hit.
Cons are scratches are very visible when driving into the sun, can't use wipers at all it would scratch it unless you get speedglass like JohnG. said.

Lexan with rubber grommet pipe clamps. You can purchase both form Mcmastercarr. Works great ive used for all my buggys when riding in the summer for dust control>>>

Just my two cents

ammech said:
Lexan with rubber grommet pipe clamps. You can purchase both form Mcmastercarr. Works great ive used for all my buggys when riding in the summer for dust control>>>

Just my two cents
Do you have any pics of this setup?

Mcmaster-carr sells abrasion resistant polycarbonate that with take wiper abuse without scratching

I have picture somewhere. I also have a sheet of the lexan and the rubber clamps and vibration dampers. I live in Atlanta ga if someone would want them!!!!!

alright this is a pain in the ass. I am the guy that my wife tried to buy a buggy I just picked up the laptop typed a damn post and it was under her damn account lol.....

shes a great woman but dang shes nuts....

1/8" scratch resistant lexan, held on with dzus fasteners has worked good for me for 2 years. Only on for nasty weather, & I don't have wipers though. Also obviously more of a buggy solution than a full bodied one.

301709_2608897276677_924629000_n.jpg

Dad used Margard Lexan on his Corvette drag car for the top and windows. Kept a strong "like new" finish during the several years he had it. Of course it wasn't being pelted with the hazards of offroading either. But that Margard coating is supposed to be some good ****...pricey, but good.