• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What modifications will you be doing in the next 6 months to your rig?

W

wngrog

The board is fuggin boring....lets webwheel some....all this talk of Miles' ass is disturbing...

I will start....nothing as I don't currently have a rig :'(

What I will be doing or what I want to do? laughing1

I will have some new 35" BFGs on the ZJ. Going to 15" wheels to get a better on-road ride, the 17s and 33s are rough. Also gotta balance the driveshafts, build something to cover the shifter hole in the floor, and I'd like to fix some bodydamage. Maybe get some 8" coils for it too rather than chopping up the fenders.

The TJ needs new taars too, and a rear fourlink. ;D

Get my jeep looking like it did when I bought it and Sale it. Will be using the Video Camera alot this year.
What it used to like. ;D
DSC00392.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

Well for starters I plan to install wheels that actually hold air, then I hope to fix the leaks I sprung and that is about it. Rides in Clayton, MMORV, Harlan, River Rock, etc. I do plan on putting in chromo inners before Clayton for a sort of trip insurance!

I am going to link the front and rear of the (digger) :flipoff1: Then I got to get some new shoes Gumbos suck in the rocks

1) I've been thinking about redoing my front motor mounts to raise it by about 1.5" Then I could raise my shock mounts to increase the amount of uptravel I have in the front.

2) I'd also like to redo my interior. It's kind of rough looking and I have no idea what 80% of the wires are for. I would love to reduce the complexity, weight, and improve the look with a bling seabass switch panel/fuse block.

I'm also tossing around the idea of just rocking my rig as it is and building something new over the next winter. A lot of that depends on how I feel about racing this year.

i will probably change out my transmission before the clayton trip and i hope that is it on mine but i will help ( digger) on his 4 link pepper.gif

1) Seats
2) Exhaust
3) Winch
4) Wheels
5) Install Stereo
6) Install CB and Antenna
7) Shock Hoops and Shocks
8) Then hopefully ride and take some Pics/VIds and meet a bunch of new people

1-7 not in any particular order, 8 depends on 1-7 getting complete thumb.gif

Well...where to begin? Finish center console, finish sheetmetal work on rear panels and roof, hopefully make some sort of cab enclosure (still not sure about this on though), Gotta get motor built, tranny built, transfer case 4-1 kit w/hd outputs, driveshafts, Orbital and Power steering pump, get ram mounted, get my brembo 4 piston brake calipers on all 4 corners, radiator, new hubs and driveflanges, Locker for the front, tires and wheels, get wiring done, Get plumbing done, and then tear it down and paint it and then start over agin on all of the above to be able to wheel! Oh yeah and hopefully win the lottery somewhere amongst all of that!

Daniel

Install new trans new 5.3, and push out the front 3-4 inches. I need to replace all the bent tubing, redo my top and side panels. New wheels and tyres. Redo alot of misc stuff.

Finish boatsides

Exo-cage with tube bed

Low-max 205

Reverse valvebody

Backhalf and 4-link

Link the front

In addition to tires and rear links, add hood, seats, A/C, windsheild. If I find myself with too much money still, then I think a paint job and a half cab would be nice.

I feel like a new bride at the gift registry. Hey I know, I'll throw myself a Jeep shower. Sounds pretty manly, huh?

I have been workin on my list for the last few weeks and now since the wifey is working again, I MAY be able to pick up some tube and some other needed parts.....14B, gears, locker, new driveshafts, spare tire, syn. winch rope, and a fairlead just to name a few things....lol oh yea, maybe a trailer, ya...that would be nice thumb.gif
I plan on actually doing more rides this year, but I need to address a few things first.
-Brakes...wow, my brakes suck, I hope the new MC I picked up will work better than the previous one and hopefully it wont leak all over everything.
-New coils for the coilovers, Matt hooked me up with some numbers and I should be getting some new springs soon.
-Re-do the front uppers on my 4 link, making them triangulated....some of you saw how bad my truck leans at RBD07, gotta get that fixed. the reason the links are like they are now, is because the front end was built around my stock frame, so we had to comprimise a litlte bit because of packaging issues, now I have all kinds of room....

I have been working on cleaning up a TON of wiring on my rig. when I did the motor swap, I kinda got lazy on some of it and didnt clean up the engine bay like I should have, so there was lots of old connectors and wires just zip tied up outta the way.....it looks TONS better than before, I have prolly pulled 2-3lbs of unused wires...its nuts. Also been working on repainting all the tube work I have now, the brake fluid fawked a bunch of it up and the rust had started spreading, it was starting to look pretty crappy.
I got a new hood to replace the crappy one I did have, garage spray bomb paint job on that joker, maybe someday I can get the rig painted...........

wow, lots of stuff....little time and money :drinkers:

Brian

Cutting the front end off and reworking it a bit, replacing some scared tubing, complete diassemble, new tranny, new stroker ls1, rewire, new dash/tunnel.Fresh powder coat,new hood ,skins and new colors. Maybe coilovers on the front. Jim will be busy for a minute on it.