• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What motors are you guys using for builds?

pholmann

Alright guys, I have a large access to lots of motors, not just ls motors. I don't advertise many motors on here as I sell faster than I can get them ready here locally, but what market can I help you with? Is there any interest in 5.7 hemi motors for the jeep guys? What ls style motors are you guys wanting to have available? Any ford motors being used for builds other than older 302/351 motors? What are we needing for swaps and builds. Is there anything I can help you guys out with? Post up here to let me know what I need to watch for.

I didn't know exactly where to post this so I figured I'm not selling anything so general discussion it was. You wanting to stay Toyota?

You can't beat the aftermarket support of the LSx engines. I run a lq4 and love it. I've seen a few late model 5.0l ford coyote engines that are pretty cool. Just doesn't seem like a popular swap I'm guessing due to its size. It's a wide engine for sure. I think late model toyota RZ motors would sell. They are great little engines and for me would rather swap one them in than mess with a 22r/re.

pholmann said:
You wanting to stay Toyota?

I'm not a die hard "man I gotta have all Toyota stuff" guy, by any means

we have kicked around 100 ideas of what to do with my truck

something like a boosted ecotec/ aw4?/ atlas would be sweet and I could keep doing my weepow thing, but I think it would cost the same/ possibly more than just doing a 5.3 or 6.0 / 350 or 400 / atlas

Prius motors. Then you can sleep at night knowing you are doing your part to responsibly grow our sport and doing it in an environmentally friendly way.

Ok so does the 3rz have the same bellhousing pattern as the 22re or would a trans be needed too? Forgive my ignorance on toyotas. I've never missed with them.

zukimaster said:
Don't forget me on that low mileage, 2003ish super clean, paw paw driven 5.3 if you run across one.

5.3's are easy. Any year gen 3 I should have. How they were driven I can't promise. lol. How far that's a different story.

pholmann said:
Ok so does the 3rz have the same bellhousing pattern as the 22re or would a trans be needed too? Forgive my ignorance on toyotas. I've never missed with them.

The bell housing on a 3rz will bolt to w56, yes a 22re trans. When I do my swap, I'll be looking for the 3rz, wiring harness and the bell housing from a 5pd truck.

easleycrawler said:
The bell housing on a 3rz will bolt to w56, yes a 22re trans. When I do my swap, I'll be looking for the 3rz, wiring harness and the bell housing from a 5pd truck.

I may have a high mileage t100 soon, I'll probably rob the oil pan and pickup tube for my 4runner but the rest of it I doubt I'll use.

Eddyj said:
Tritons?? :dunno:

molaugh molaugh

The only thing I have against ford is their inability to make a wiring harness you don't have to have a forklift to pick up. Chevrolet has done an excellent job at making theirs semi stand alone from the factory. Fords are so integrated into so many systems, they are such a pain. Quality motors, but hateful.

Eddyj said:
Tritons?? :dunno:

molaugh molaugh

Ed beat me to it.

money_pit_yj said:
Prius motors. Then you can sleep at night knowing you are doing your part to responsibly grow our sport and doing it in an environmentally friendly way.

This freakin guy... ::)

I say post up and pre-sell one of each, see how long it takes to sell, and calculate a ratio.