• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what shocks?

"S"-box

I have a newer d-max long box and recently bought a camper for it. I put air bags and the dual path controller on it. The stock shocks with @ 5000ish lbs in the bed had the tendency to bounce. So I put some roncho 9000 9 position adjustables on it. They worked awesome,and I loved the adjustability. For the ten or so trips that is. So I went to dial them up for a trip the other day and noticed the dial leaking on both shocks,apparently the can't handle the abuse?

What should I get to replace them with,keeping the adjustable style for entirely different scenarios is key!:awesomework:

do they have an adjustable shock? what would make them better than stock for the extreme in both conditions? either fully loaded with a camper and what-not, or empty going to the grocery store... I understand an aftermarket shock especially a bilstein is gonna be a smoother ride than stock shock for daily driving with no load

or am i too picky to want a good-ish ride in both situations?

Bilsteins work great at one given rate / set up.... If you want tune on the fly control you will have to go with something like this.
http://www.landpiratesoffroad.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=132&product_id=445

and then go with the adjustable compression. It gives you 20 clicks of adjustable compression and you can always revalve them for an even better match up with what your doing.
They would be a 100% custom shock though... To add the adjuster, they would have to go with a remote reservoir to add the adjusting knob. It would take 2 weeks to build, and would run $988.55 plus shipping.

That is about the only rel thing you can do if you want soft ride with out a load, and not be bouncing all over the place when loaded up.

Spendy though... At least they are 100% rebuildable!

Bilsteins work great at one given rate / set up.... If you want tune on the fly control you will have to go with something like this.
http://www.landpiratesoffroad.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=132&product_id=445

and then go with the adjustable compression. It gives you 20 clicks of adjustable compression and you can always revalve them for an even better match up with what your doing.
They would be a 100% custom shock though... To add the adjuster, they would have to go with a remote reservoir to add the adjusting knob. It would take 2 weeks to build, and would run $988.55 plus shipping.

That is about the only rel thing you can do if you want soft ride with out a load, and not be bouncing all over the place when loaded up.

Spendy though... At least they are 100% rebuildable!

[flatbiller]

Kings braaahhh. Braaap.

[/flatbiller]

I would just try to get rancho to replace the 9 ways. If they are newer, they should replace them, especially because I believe rancho has a "lifetime" warranty.

http://www.gorancho.com/warranty.php

"ouch":eeek: I think I will try the route of getting them replaced and give the ranchos another go round....I don't exactly wanna take a second on my house for the suspension in my truck, and don't wanna give up my left nut just yet?

thanks for the input, I was hopeing that someone had an idea of a different shock maybe a procomp adjustable or something else thats worth a ****?