• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what size value?

With that ram a 10 ci/rev steering valve will give you about 2.5 turns lock to lock; 6ci will give about 4 turns, 7.5 would fall in between. The turns lock to lock will vary some from one side to the other due to the single ended ram (and will be faster than what I stated going the way that puts the ram into the cylinder).

I appreciate it. I'm still learning bout all this stuff. Lol its my first rig and I'm ready for it to be done. But thanks again.

One more question. Tire size matter any. For like strength purposes. Buying one that will turn a heavy tire. Or is that the pumps job?

They are usually so strong you can't notice a tire size difference, only problem I've ran into is, I tried a 12 valve with to small of a pump and it would cook The fluid. But a stock chevy p pump usually is pretty strong, just make sure you have a good cooler and an extra reservoir helps also

The power of the system is dependent on the pressure and the ram size. They all run about the same ram pressure (with stock steering pumps) so ram size (bore diameter) is what determines your power. 2" will be adequate. The steering valve size determines the number of turns lock to lock. How fast you can actually steer will be determined by the pumps flow rate (GPM). A stock gm pump should handle either the 6 or the 7.5 cu valve fine in your system.