• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What tire you running?

ive had all these tires on the same rig over that last 9 years,36 buckshots(thin sidewalls),35TXRs(poop),36 radial tsl(thin sidewall)36SXs loved them for 4 years still cut a sidewall,38.5x14.50 SXs(couldnt stand how NOT round they were otherwise worked good,39.5 boggers drove better than the 38SXs,hands down best mud tire work okay elsewhere,38x12.50 tsl bias too skinny for my fullsize worked fine in most conditions,currently running 39.5 IROKS got them used (85% tread). best rock tire ive used yet,didnt clean well at all in elbe,also didnt like climbing dry roots on the kaner this summer,unbalanced on my truck they are 95% smooth at HWY speeds they drive great on the road,took them out in the snow/ice today and im happy with the results....the SXs were prolly my favorite all around tire with the iroks 2nd....patiently waiting for the 42 SX

38x12.50 SX right now.

won't be going any bigger than that, if anything going down a size or 5. fortunately, the tires are new so I can wait out a couple years to see how that USFS tire size thing pans out, that is, if it ever comes to light.

Well right now we run 255x75x17 BFG MT KM's or 32x10.04 for those that need the old way.
Plan on running 35x10.5x17 tires, most likely radial tires. I am thinking of BFG MT KM2's. and Rhonda wants to run some sort of swamper in bias but the same size of 35x10.5x17.
:beer:

In the early years, ran some Schwabby specials, like $90 a tire.Terrible! Then I stepped it up big time to a set of 31x10.5x15 BFG mudders. Liked them, but my wheeling wasn't very technical at the time, so no great cross-reference. They wore the best of any tire I have ever owned, though. (85k, sold them for like, $300!)
My next tire was bittersweet. 33x12.5x15 SSR. Great tire when new. As soon as you get them down into the lower tread compound...:puke: Terrible! I can say, though, that even when they were completely bald, they still tanked through some soupy mud holes.
I now have a set of 35x12.5x15 MTR's. I really do love these tires. I have ran them with little to no pressure on difficult (for me :D ) trails, and still no holes/plugs/chunks and have never lost a bead. Great sidewall. Sticks to rocks/roots very well. Don't like them in the thick mud, though...:eeek:
My next tire will most likely be the 36 IROK. I like how they do in almost every category. A little afraid of highway use? Mileage? Those, or something like 36x12.5x17 TSL's, grooved....
I would buy another set of MTR's in a larger size/17" wheel, but too expensive!

right now... uhhh 31" dunlop a/t's. im actually astonished in their ability. do i love them? no not especially. theyre good for the road. but what a/t isnt?

i'm trying some mtr's next.

I feel sorry for your diffs.

I personally run sticky 37" baja claws, well i havent run them yet, from past experience they are the best tire out IMO.

Most of us don't wheel in the dunes, so I don't think that baja claws would work well for what we do.

I like the tsl sx, or the irok, my only dislike about the irok is that they seem to wear pretty quickly.

Most of us don't wheel in the dunes, so I don't think that baja claws would work well for what we do.

I like the tsl sx, or the irok, my only dislike about the irok is that they seem to wear pretty quickly.

From what I remember steve used to get around pretty good on 37 sticky claws.

I would love to have you put your money where your mouth is. When I see a Krawler or a creepy crawler go up the left side of the rockface at reiter in the snow, I'll say that tire is the best too.:flipoff:

39.5 TSL's. Good enough for this state.
Ran 38.5 SX's Prob going back on my smaller rig. They last and work great.
39.5 Iroks Loved them on the rocks and in the snow
One set of LTB 34"s (great traction) To small of tire.

Latest posts