• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do about a trail at Walker.

Why does it seem like Walker is turning out more and more like "Reiter2"

this has been said plenty in the past: with reiter closed walker has a way higher user volume then ever before.. with that said a lot of the issues that reiter had... i.e. unautherized trails (we'll call them bypasses for now) are happening at walker... i know for a fact that some of the wheelers at walker hate DNR and rules and regulations and they were a part of the down fall of reiter.. i know this because i have spoke to them and have seen them wheel at walker during our Work Parties there.... they just throttle out and want to tear **** up with no disreguard to the poeple trying to do good... i am not souly blaming that type of wheeler for orv park issues i am just saying that plays a huge part... and alot of people tend to follow the path they create......i don't think Walker will shut down like reiter did... everyone knows a huge part of reiter closing was that it was never an autherized ORV park ... sure it was open for years sure it was badass but it didn't get goverment funding and dnr had enough with all the bs there.... yes i am sure if people keep pushing the envolope dnr will get fed up with the bs at walker and yes walker did get closed once in the past...... damn i have typed so much **** in so many directions i forgot my point to all of this :haha: so i am just gonna stop here

And if folks start wheeling as much as the did at reiter things will get much worse in a hurry. Just a thought.

they already have...where do you think the reiter wheelers have moved to... you don't think they just stopped wheeling until reiter opens back up do you????? hhhmmmmmmmm whats the next closest place to wheel.............................................. walker

they already have...where do you think the reiter wheelers have moved to... you don't think they just stopped wheeling until reiter opens back up do you????? hhhmmmmmmmm whats the next closest place to wheel.............................................. walker

And exactly the reason we need to take care of ANY problem that rises quickly and swiftly.

And exactly the reason we need to take care of ANY problem that rises quickly and swiftly.

x2 mike i completly agree.....i am not trying to point fingers or make excusses i am 100% down to fix or repair, build new, and maintain.....

But Mike we all tried that at Reiter and now it's closed. Maybe doing nothing (or at least nothing in the open) is a better solution?

"We" all tired to make things better at Reiter and in the end it is closed. I for one wanted to prevent the closure and "we" all moved in the direction "we" thought would keep it open. Creating an ORV park out of the open to public land.

Now I see "We" are at it again, what was taken from the loss of Reiter? What steps would you take or not take that were used when "we" tried to keep Reiter open?

Before flaming me for being out of the loop or a troll please ponder these questions. Everybody had (has) the best intentions for Walker/Reiter but in the end it seems like more harm comes from being the squeaky wheel when it comes to (politically) unpopular activities like 4x4'n.
Instead of DNR/NFS/etc dealing with it, it all just gets closed down.

I hope this time is different but from the outside looking in, I have to say guys I am reading the same arguments, seeing the same bickering, elitism that occurred before.
Kudos to those new faces around the wheeling scene who are all pumped to make **** happen, if it wasn't for you it would all be closed down, but beware beacause of you it could all get closed down.

Learn from the mistakes we made at Reiter and you will likely be more successful in your endeavors.

Good luck gang!

But Mike we all tried that at Reiter and now it's closed. Maybe doing nothing (or at least nothing in the open) is a better solution?

"We" all tired to make things better at Reiter and in the end it is closed. I for one wanted to prevent the closure and "we" all moved in the direction "we" thought would keep it open. Creating an ORV park out of the open to public land.

Now I see "We" are at it again, what was taken from the loss of Reiter? What steps would you take or not take that were used when "we" tried to keep Reiter open?

Before flaming me for being out of the loop or a troll please ponder these questions. Everybody had (has) the best intentions for Walker/Reiter but in the end it seems like more harm comes from being the squeaky wheel when it comes to (politically) unpopular activities like 4x4'n.
Instead of DNR/NFS/etc dealing with it, it all just gets closed down.

I hope this time is different but from the outside looking in, I have to say guys I am reading the same arguments, seeing the same bickering, elitism that occurred before.
Kudos to those new faces around the wheeling scene who are all pumped to make **** happen, if it wasn't for you it would all be closed down, but beware beacause of you it could all get closed down.

Learn from the mistakes we made at Reiter and you will likely be more successful in your endeavors.

Good luck gang!

Mark your comparing apples to oranges though.

Mark your comparing apples to oranges though.

Other than Walker Is already an ORV park what's the difference?

People are still driving off trails, people are still making illegal trails (bypasses, whatever you want to call them) the area is still getting overused. Users are trying to step in to make a difference, people are trying to get funding, multiple factions are making plans for Walker without regard to other groups plans or the plans of the land steward.

So really if you look at it like that what's the difference?

People are still driving off trails, people are still making illegal trails (bypasses, whatever you want to call them) the area is still getting overused. Users are trying to step in to make a difference, people are trying to get funding, multiple factions are making plans for Walker without regard to other groups plans or the plans of the land steward.

Have you been to walker mark?

Considering the amount of use its getting its "nothing" like reiter in how people are treating it. Yes issues arise and thats why we need to take care of them to keep them from getting out of hand.

If it gets to the point of people going here and there then yes we can easily loose the area--why we need to be pro-active and take care of it.

At reiter there were just tooooooo many dipshits who didn't give a care in the world that really was the end result of reiters demise.

You can do what you want but folks will continue to work hard to protect "what little" we have. Turning a blind eye does nothing to aid in the efforts.

Let me see this is about walker and a bypass.With you and no ideas.Thanks for playing.If you wanna talk to people email them, my point talking about stupid **** like this on a open forum.:looser:

I thought there was good conversation. If we are not able to discuss issues how are we able to

1--come up with ideas and brainstorm

2-- Get help

3--get folks to help donate..

If nobody did nothing then we are in a world of hurt.

Binder said it right---walker is not a dispurced recreation area and regardless if we talk about it or not the DNR knows..

There is none Walker will be closed in a year.The state has no money,but enough to buy locks to put on the gates:booo:Thank gawd my Harley is almost done.

Considering the amount of use its getting its "nothing" like reiter in how people are treating it. Yes issues arise and thats why we need to take care of them to keep them from getting out of hand.

If it gets to the point of people going here and there then yes we can easily loose the area--why we need to be pro-active and take care of it.

At reiter there were just tooooooo many dipshits who didn't give a care in the world that really was the end result of reiters demise.

You can do what you want but folks will continue to work hard to protect "what little" we have. Turning a blind eye does nothing to aid in the efforts.

:worship::worship: :awesomework:

Yes Mike I've been to Walker, over the years it has deteriorated.

My whole point is not to bash these efforts , rather I am just raising the warning flag and reminding the new guys (and old guys) of what did and didn't work for Reiter. If it comes across as do nothing sorry.

DON"T FORGET THE LESSONS OF THE PAST

I guess thats what I'm getting at here...now back to your regularly scheduled NW-Wheeler love fest! :cheer:

Last edited:
Those are the steps that got rons run to were it was till weather closed work party progress. And when weather permits, the volenteers will resume that process agin.:awesomework:

Looking forward to getting it finished.:cheer:

Let me see this is about walker and a bypass.With you and no ideas.Thanks for playing.If you wanna talk to people email them, my point talking about stupid **** like this on a open forum.:looser:

If that is what happens great but it usally never does.

What does Binder know :fawkdancesmiley::haha:He just :stirpot: the pot that is all brothers do :haha:

1 yes i am here in the forum and yes i am at walker for EVERY work party.. its true i do not have an idea of what do with this bypass right now but i know if i was standing in front of it i would have ideas as well as everyone else.... but i will not be doing anything untill we have a dnr meeting and we are there with elyse and we have a work party to fix what we need to fix....just like in the past, i will be there to do what needs to be done when the dission is made!!!!!!

2 as for what does Binder know anyway... Rick has put alot of time in at walker so have many others... seems to me that many people on here agree with his views except you...

i don't recall seeing you at any walker work parties
i don't see you having any positive ideas
i don't see your name on any of the donations that roll through my pay pal account...
so where do you stand to talk **** about any ideas or conversation that has to deal with walker or talk about anyone that has anything to say on this matter, reguardless of what their comment is.... Who the F*** are you