• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do in Asheville, NC and Knoxville, TN?

Won't be staying at Aloft....website prices like "From $149" is a crock of ****. Cheapest room is $286 + fees/taxes = $317........A NIGHT! JEEBUS!!! :wtflol:

Downtown Inn and Suites looks like good deal to me. Balcony, in downtown near Thirsty Monk and the rest of downtown, $330 for 3 nights! .....that's more my price. I'd stay at Aloft for $200 a night just because all the **** they offer, but **** anything over that...insanely too expensive for this baller on a budget.

You can cut that Aloft price in half. Call and tell them what your doing and you have XXX to spend. 90% of the time they will work with you. If they don't take the bait now, wait till the day before and call again.

My wife used to manage one. And yes, they are badass hotels.

74_Chevota said:
You can cut that Aloft price in half. Call and tell them what your doing and you have XXX to spend. 90% of the time they will work with you. If they don't take the bait now, wait till the day before and call again.

My wife used to manage one. And yes, they are badass hotels.

No ****? That's awesome! I will def give that a try, because I was really looking forward to staying there until I saw the $317 a night price! Maybe it will work!

I'll have to remember that about the Downtown Inn...I'm in the same boat with you when it comes to the prices the hotels charge for a room! In most cases where I'm staying at a motel...instead of a "resort" or something like that I will only be in the room for 6 or so hours...and my eyes will be shut for the majority of that time so I could really care less how fancy the place is as long as its clean and the bed is good.

I think motels have lost sight of that fact and gotten carried away with all of the "nifty" things they offer. Let's get back to basics...gimme a clean shitter, shower, bed, and tv and make the nightly cost less than $100 and I'm set.

We stay at downtown inn 90% of the time. It's old and nothing special but it's clean, close and cheap and has a cool pool area. If you're just getting trashed I'd stay there and spend my money on beer and grub. You could crawl, stagger or in your case hop to a handful of bars from there within a block :****:

I'll have to see how cheap we can get rooms at Aloft...it's one of those things where we might as well go all out and get a badass room....IF it's within a reasonable budget. If they'd cut it to $200 a night, I'd pay that, but no more than that. It's kinda like The Hangover when they walk in that badass condo suite or whatever it is at the start of the movie. If I'm going wheeling and get a hotel, I don't give a **** what it looks like on the inside, I'm going for the cheapest. But vacationing is a little different. I never cared about nice hotels until after taking a few business trips for work and being put up in a couple different nice ones, loaded with lounge area, full bar, and full breakfast. It definitely impacts the experience, but price has to be justifiable also.

Would Asheville be a good destination for a bachelor party trip? At my age (40) it sounds good to me. But the trip is for a 26 year old and his friends. I do not think they are interested in the strip club scene because the idea of a short Thursday-Monday cruise has been discussed. But this sounds like it could be a good option. Thoughts???? Suggestions???

alehandro3 said:
If your route takes you by, Hot Springs NC is a cool little mountain town as well. I took a zero day there when on the AT and loved it! Alot of day rafting trips or lazy beer drinking tube rides down the french broad river, relaxing in the hot springs tubs, couple cool little bars, cheap hostles, cabins or motel to stay in. And always a plethora of smokin hot, sex deprived, thru hiker chicks too loller.gif

FWIW there's a skeet shooting park in hot springs… Fowler Farms.. We made it the first leg of a batchelor party a while back.. Usually end up spending about $50 a head and go through about a hundred 12 gage shells.. they got guns you can use for $10 if you don't bring yours for whatever reason… good times out there, we've been back a few times

bigsilly said:
Would Asheville be a good destination for a bachelor party trip? At my age (40) it sounds good to me. But the trip is for a 26 year old and his friends. I do not think they are interested in the strip club scene because the idea of a short Thursday-Monday cruise has been discussed. But this sounds like it could be a good option. Thoughts???? Suggestions???

I've never been to Asheville or Nashville and bar hopped, but it sounds like Nashville would be a better spot for that, unless they are avid craft beer enthusiasts. I'm sure there are some wilder places in Asheville, but for the most part of the vids I've watched and things I've read on the net about Asheville, it's a more laid back, beer drinker's destination. It all depends on what they want to do. I have several friends that party in Nashville all the time, but I've never went because I'm just not the "partying" type much anymore unless I'm wheeling.

What's appealing about Asheville to me is: It's rich in beer history, 11 different breweries, so many different brews to try and assess, filled with like minded people, instead of you hammered drunk smartass 21 year old punks like you find in Panama City. It's a different mission than just going to the Coyote Ugly in Nashville and drinking Natty til you can't see straight, just for the sake of gettin' blowed out drunk and acting like a fool.

TBItoy said:
In Nashville you drink PBR stovepipes and get in fights with 45 year old "BROS"

HAHA! Yeah, that's certainly not my cup of tea. I think we are striving for mid to late August for the Asheville trip....which is fine by me, I'll have more time to save $$$, but damn I sure would like to see Black Label Society live up there July 24th.

Re: Re: What to do in Asheville, NC and Knoxville, TN?

Yeah, I wrote that. Will is Marsha's offspring.

ju7e9ubu.jpg

yzy4y4e9.jpg

e2ery2e9.jpg

agumegyv.jpg

araty6a3.jpg

My first sour beer! Was different, but not nearly as bad as I anticipated.
taqutu2a.jpg

Moar pics to come and prolly some reposts, but **** it.....mash yer motor.

TacomaJD said:
A buddy and I have been discussing taking a bar-hopping, tourist attraction style road trip some time over the next couple months and are thinking about spending 2 nights in Asheville, NC then 1 night in Knoxville, TN on the way back home. No strip clubs, more interested in pubs, breweries, unique bars, good craft beer selection, and my buddy said something about some massive mansion in Asheville we could see? So maybe something like that during the day, then hit the pubs/bars at night.

Been to Knoxville once for a concert at the Bijou Theater then hit the Downtown Grill & Brewery and loved the **** out of that place, but I'd like to see other places also since we've already hit the DG&B.

Plans could change completely and we could go somewhere else, this is just the most heavily discussed destinations thus far. I wouldn't mind going back to Orlando, FL, but we are looking for no more than a 5-6 hour drive from NE Alabama.
if ya come to Asheville hit me up i know all the good drinking spots :dblthumb:

Re: Re: What to do in Asheville, NC and Knoxville, TN?

Night #2....drankin at Ben's Tune-up right meow! Lotta ***** in this bitch!

nepudade.jpg

vatu4uzu.jpg

ynumy7e3.jpg

Latest posts