• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

tonybolton said:
The '15 up's...Like I'd want, I am seeing in the 4-5grand territory. Used LS's? I think most know that number. OUCH.
Can't put a price on superiority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonybolton said:
The '15 up's...Like I'd want, I am seeing in the 4-5grand territory. Used LS's? I think most know that number. OUCH.

It's only money, you aint hurting that's for damn sure.... just keep eating top ramen and pb&j

Do not LS swap it...
NvLvbKR.jpg

jeeptj99 said:
It's only money, you aint hurting that's for damn sure.... just keep eating top ramen and pb&j

I hafta eat Great Value ramen.....and that's even after coupons :( I'm not eatin' ribs and brisket on the trail like you do!

I love watching this guys videos....hes funny. Die hard ford/mod motor guy.

"Mod motor nationals.....its like LS Fest, but for straight people"

http://youtu.be/3UhZTQgbLOQ

sledneck said:
This car has a TKO trans and there is no problem shifting this thing.

That's good to know, last time I was checking into TKO's was a few years ago. I think they're like a grand cheaper than T56's Plus, I really don't need a 6th gear.

TKOs are fine as long as you don't try to shift them with your purse. ;D
The problems I've seen with TKOs are people who don't know how to drive them, trying to use ATF instead of synchromesh fluid, and trying to use a mechanical clutch linkage instead of hydraulic. Silversport was great to work with recently one an old mustang when I put in a Ram clutch and hydraulic throw out/slave cylinder set up in a TKO600. I think you can get a bellhousing for about any popular engine for that trans as well.

Side note, that was the first car I ever had to measure bell housing run out on. Apparently there's offset dowel pins available to move it over on the block to get it centered.

I like my ol clutch cable. ;)

With me busting through 3 transmissions, I was questioning my driving abilities. I never POWER shifted it, I had the cable adjusted correctly and of course using an aftermarket shifter with correctly set shift-stops. Nothing really breaks on the transmissions, the syncro's just go all to ****.

I've used every form of fluid possible in them....Synchromesh did work best on the last one. It lasted the longest as well.

There is a brand new coyote motor for sale on 1 Facebook swap meet for $5300. It's still in the crate. I think it was located in GA.

I'd get an aluminum block LS motor, but swap on a carb style intake and some smooth traditional looking valve covers, mount the coil packs higher or on the front of the motor

Or a distributer conversion

Then it'll look just like a 351w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting an ls in my ranger and Jduck sent me this. Lol

I don't dislike the ls just having a hard time putting a Chevy heart in a Ford truck. But I'm doing it anyway cause it's cheaper hp.
e90550dff833a3b918f4f13a1b601e08.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk