• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

The square corner valve covers really change the look of it imo.

That's what 90s ford engineers wish they had done instead of that dumb wannabe ricer/kraut motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paging Jon Piper...
He will probably tell you to put a bunch of spray on it and hide it all really well. Then finally admit to it ten years later haha.

cmoultrie said:
Paging Jon Piper...
He will probably tell you to put a bunch of spray on it and hide it all really well. Then finally admit to it ten years later haha.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sounds like some **** that ninja would do! I like it!

Good buddy of mine has a guy that has been getting him coyotes for pretty cheap. He's up in the Chicago area. I'll ask him what he's paid for the last couple he bought.

If you frequent any mustang pages, he has the black 93 fox body cobra with the turbo coyote swap that's been making the rounds for the last few months. It's pretty bad ass. He just started on a coyote swap in an early bronco he's builfing now. I'm thinking he paid $2700 for the motor, trans and tcase in that one.

Got a buddy had basically same car. He put a Kenne Bell on it had it tuned and it was crazy fast. Robert Hindmen done all the work and tune. Made 600ish rwhp. It had room to grow as well. Like yours he had 4.10 gears so it had issues hooking. Change the gearing to 3.55 and it would really hurt some feelings. All the while stay stock 4.6. Just some food for thought.

Had a 91 GT years ago that had a Liberty pro shifted T5 in it, didn't have syncros 1-4 but 5th did. Once you puled out you were able to mat the gas and not let off of it, didn't use the clutch in a race. Normal driving I double clutched it up and down shifting and it was fine, wished I had that one back. Liberty had a website they could take yours and hook you up I would say, and I like cars that stay with the engine same brand as the came with. I like all american cars and trucks but it just never seemed right to see a 30 something sar with a SB C and not a Flathead

Re: Re: What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

half ton said:
Got a buddy had basically same car. He put a Kenne Bell on it had it tuned and it was crazy fast. Robert Hindmen done all the work and tune. Made 600ish rwhp. It had room to grow as well. Like yours he had 4.10 gears so it had issues hooking. Change the gearing to 3.55 and it would really hurt some feelings. All the while stay stock 4.6. Just some food for thought.
There's no way that the little 2 valve motor would hold 600 rear wheel horsepower maybe for a day but certainly not longer than a week.

Now if I just picked up an aluminum forged short block and replace that and threw boost on it then maybe that's another story... I'm sure install would be a lot less complicated than a complete motor swap.

ranger11 said:
Putting an ls in my ranger and Jduck sent me this. Lol

I don't dislike the ls just having a hard time putting a Chevy heart in a Ford truck. But I'm doing it anyway cause it's cheaper hp.
e90550dff833a3b918f4f13a1b601e08.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

This is awesome.

Pics of Eleanor? So we know what we're talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 401K killa'....

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/crate-engines/modular-engines/2016-cobra-jet-supercharged-5-0l-coyote-engine-m-6007-scj16/

or....(still GEEEEEEEEZZZZ!!!)

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/crate-engines/complete-engine/coyote-power-module-manual-transmission-m-9000-pmcm/

It's like those home shopping channels....."these usually go for 8,000 dollars.....but today....only for the next 7 minutes.......you get this for, are you ready for it? 6 dollars. SIX DOLLARS!!!!"

Pretty reputable place?

I've never bought another motor....or even a cyl head before. I'm always leery of buying used stuff, especially something like a trans/motor.

But with that said, I bout that last TR3650 trans brand new right out of the crate. A Ford tech had purchased it for a Thunderbird project, but decided to put a big block in it and wanted a different trans. I was like, hell yea a brand new trans....from Ford....for 800 bucks! Awesome! Prolly put 10K miles on it before 3rd synchro **** the bed. Granted they were rape-miles, but still.

Re: Re: What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

tonybolton said:
There's no way that the little 2 valve motor would hold 600 rear wheel horsepower maybe for a day but certainly not longer than a week.

Now if I just picked up an aluminum forged short block and replace that and threw boost on it then maybe that's another story... I'm sure install would be a lot less complicated than a complete motor swap.
Yeah guess you're correct go put an Ls in it and have fun. I seen it rode in it. It was legit. Just a suggestion.

Re: Re: Re: What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

tonybolton said:

Swap in a Lincoln 5.4 with a blower.