• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What ya'll think they're growing here?

xjkrawler said:
Did you consult a lawyer before you agreed to that? If you owned the road and they needed an easement they typically purchase it from landowner or whoever is needing the utility pays for it. I see it all the time.
x3 I deal with this on a daily basis with AT&T/NES(nashville power company).

xjkrawler said:
Did you consult a lawyer before you agreed to that? If you owned the road and they needed an easement they typically purchase it from landowner or whoever is needing the utility pays for it. I see it all the time.
I never granted the easement. Old man is gonna come out and show me where they want to put them before I agree.

That convo will go down in the next day or so. Thanks for heads up before I have a pissing match with an old man from the county :)

LightBnDr said:
I never granted the easement. Old man is gonna come out and show me where they want to put them before I agree.

That convo will go down in the next day or so. Thanks for heads up before I have a pissing match with an old man from the county :)

I know around here they want a 20' wide aerial easement. so 10' on either side of the pole route. They will also at times do a separate aerial and below ground easement. You can ask that for that. That way they make the minimum footprint on your property as possible. If it is for your neighbor, they are probably just trying to cut corners and pinch pennies where they can. You can also check with your county GIS(free to the public, most have websites online) that will detail easements and right of ways down to the foot. Shoot me a text if you want help with that. I'm on GIS half of the day anyways.

The only thing that would not be in your favor is if it is a county owned/maintained road. In that case, they can do whatever they want.

Nah it's a private road that I own along the edge of my property line for about 1k feet

Old man came out early this morning to outline what they were thinking. The deets got even better when he said they'd put 5 poles total on the inside of my fence line with 3ft guy lines to handle the curve of the road.

I said y'all niggas trippin. I'm gonna need you to cross the road before my property and run them down my neighbors property.

He said "will do young man, I'll come out and stake them next week before we set em"

So all good so far. Lol

LightBnDr said:
Nah it's a private road that I own along the edge of my property line for about 1k feet

Old man came out early this morning to outline what they were thinking. The deets got even better when he said they'd put 5 poles total on the inside of my fence line with 3ft guy lines to handle the curve of the road.

I said y'all niggas trippin. I'm gonna need you to cross the road before my property and run them down my neighbors property.

He said "will do young man, I'll come out and stake them next week before we set em"

So all good so far. Lol

Might want to make it a point to see where they get staked before they get stood up.