• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats a good fairly inexpensive tire groover?

Re: Whats a good fairly inexpensive tire groover?

1/4x2 sharpened with a grinder no heat and removed all the small lugs on a bogger in less than half an hour
3u3e7e8u.jpg
se9ytaqe.jpg

I think you could make about any size/style you wanted to with a little bit of time.

I just about finished both of my rears(i've just been piddlin' on it here and there when I visit my parents).

I'm certainly getting better and faster with the wood chisel/torch method. I think my initial problem was not enough heat and not heating more of the blade. It's noticeable on my tread block cuts. On my first ones, it looks like a rabbits been nibblin' at'em. The ones I got to last night are more flat with only 2 scrape runs.

To finish both rears, i'll need to take it off the trailer. I've rolled it forward and backward as much as I can to easily get to the lugs. Theres prolly a section about a foot long on each tire that I just cant get the angle on while its on the trailer.

I used a makita multi tool worked well.. Iv also done the elec chainsaw . Not as clean as the multi tool but was 10x faster

Sent from this bust'd ass iPhone

Alright kush, I'm taking your advice. If I end up dead I'm holding you personally responsible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 134
Just bought one of these. How does one keep the blade from spinning on itself? At full tilt it works fine but as soon as you put some pressure on the tire the blade just spins and doesn't really cut anything. Any tips for those that have used it?

I take back all the bad things Ive ever thought about Casey while reading his post. ( some of them are hard as hell to follow :****: )
But he found a winner with this. Quite possibly the easiest way to grove a tire. I might even do some fancy cut now.

You probably have the chain in backwards. Mine was installed backwards out of the package I had to flip it over.
Seriously if anybody's thinking about grove tires this is by far the easiest way to do it I would recommend the guard to control your depth

So in the pic you have posted above, the chain is backwards? That's the way I have it mounted now. It works just slips on the guide and doesn't work very well. I'll try flipping it around and see what happens.

When I open my package it all fell out on floor. When I put it back together it was in backwards. It cut kind of. But when I flipped it over it cut through it like butter. I haven't put the depth guard on it yet. E

I just grooved mine with an electric chainsaw two evenings ago. Worked great and had all 4, 43" TSL SX (non stickies) done in just over an hour.

Re:

Iv done the same with a HF electric chainsaw. Quick n easy. I plan on trying out their chain grinder attachment.. if I can get results like kush I'll be plenty happy

I'm trying the 20volt electric chainsaw out.

On sale at Walmart for 97 bucks and figure mom can use it on the yard if she needs to.

It's light...seems to cut decent. Just going to do that single line chevron cut like others. No whole lug cutting like on old tsls.

89bd946a0410f14c1f23858d77157c4e.jpg