• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats' everybody use to keep their buggy clean???

offroadwerks

Psalm 23:4
I've put three rides on my jeep and have not even seen any mud to speak of, just lots of dust and its takes two days to clean. Any tricks or cleaners that make job easier??? I have been using Purple Power and dish wash soap and a lot of elbow grease. Took so long to build I just want to keep it clean as possible?? :afro: :afro: :afro:

We used to use baby oil on the racecar before a dirt track race to keep the mud from sticking when we ran late models. Maybe try some in those hard to reach areas to help. :****:

I tried some Son of A Gun tire cleaner on under carrage and it seemed to attract more dust. Might not be an easy way but I do have a pressure washer too. I have seen some stuff in Speedway Motors for underside..................

Re: Re: Whats' everybody use to keep their buggy clean???

If the under side is muddy I go drive up and down the creek to clean it, if the top side is muddy I let it get rained on/in.

But mine looks like **** so I wouldn't take my advice.

hand wash and use a reg garden hose. In my experience the pressure washer makes more of a mess from splattering mud/dirt everywhere.

Greased Lighting, hands down best cleaner I have used. Just wet your rig and knock off the chunks of mud , and spray it on let it set a minute or so and rinse off . It cleans off gear dope, oil, and grease easily. Only complaint I got about it is, don't let it set for a long time on a engine it seems to fade the paint on some engine paints. Everywhere else its great, its nice not have to rub all the mud off your axles/ wheels and tires.

Has anyone tried B52? i use it on grease and mud and it works real good. i don thave a buggy just a 4 wheeler

i used to use mean green from walmart on atvs and it worked pretty good, you can also buy it industrial strength on the web but havent found it instore local anywhere

Once you have it all cleaned up spray it down with fluid film before you go ride. Not only does it make it look all shiny, but it will help keep any squeaks quite and the mud etc will wash right off with a pres. washer. Its about $40 a gallon but I reduce it enough to spray out of regular spray bottle and will last you for awhile. Warning it does have some wierd odor and its slippery as hell if its on the floor.

Just drop it off with tim and make him buff the chit out of it. I mean have u ever saw his dodge dirty?

B52 Is hands down the best for clean up I use it on everything from getting grease out of clothes to bath rooms, spray it on let it set for a little and hose of or pressure wash makes look like new money. Craig Ive got some at the house come by and get some to try if you want.

I normally make a point to hit a carwash on my way home from wheelin.. most of the places we go have an atv friendly bay.. not letting the mud dry is the biggest thing.. but my rig kinda looks like **** too so maybe don't listen to me lol

What I did with my Jeep and do with my RZR now is take it to car wash soak the whole thing down with tire cleaner, then go back and wet the whole thing down, then go wash it back off with the hot water and soap, then rinse! A lil costly sometimes but seems to do better with the hot water instead of cold water. And most of the time I'll hand wash it again when I get home :****:

Edit: forgot the Armor All for plastic and tires, WD40 for underside, and Meguiar's for te paint ;D

B.DRAKE said:
What I did with my Jeep and do with my RZR now is take it to car wash soak the whole thing down with tire cleaner, then go back and wet the whole thing down, then go wash it back off with the hot water and soap, then rinse! A lil costly sometimes but seems to do better with the hot water instead of cold water. And most of the time I'll hand wash it again when I get home :****:
you dont get them dirty watching! :flipoff1:

Latest posts