• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

whats the best sport sxs

Fool Injected

I am thinking about buying a new sxs, in yalls opinion should it be a Polaris 800s or the 900 xp. Or how bout the wildcat or the maverick? I'm leaning towards the Polaris but would like to here some of your opinions! :dunno:

Ive had three of the four you mentioned. They all have very strong points. The 800-S always seems to do better in tight wooded trails. I recently sold my 900 XP, and its power is good but its harder to navigate through the tight stuff, and the trailing arms and radius rods drag and catch on everything. I have a Wildcat now, and so far I like it. It has a few weaknesses, like steering rods, wet clutch, spike load dampener, and I broke the shifter cable Sunday. For the big offroad parks the Wildcat works better. I run 30" tires on mine and took it to Choccolocco Saturday, and it does way better than my XP did. The longer wheel base is nice and with the wet clutch delete, its as fast as an xp on stock tires. Sunday i rode with a few rzrs, 800s and 900s, in some local trails weve been riding since we were kids and i had a hard time keeping up because the trees are tight. This thing jumps better than anything ive ever driven. The chassis alone makes it better than any of the other sxs out there. The roll cage is junk, but the frame/chassis is built like a tube buggy. The trailing arms have better clearance, but the radius rods are the same as XP, they need the high clearance ones.
For atv style trails 800-S
For racing/trail riding 900XP
For rock crawling and high speed jumping Wildcat 1000
For flat out high speed the Maverick

Re: Re: whats the best sport sxs

Out of looking at them all out of the box the canam looks.to be the better built out of them all the way around

sent from a payphone

Re: Re: whats the best sport sxs

Bumpers said:
Out of looking at them all out of the box the canam looks.to be the better built out of them all the way around

sent from a payphone
I would say that also, except for the front locker. All canams 4x4 systems SUCK!!! and no way to fix it. I would have one if it wasnt for that, they are fast and fun to drive.

Thanx for your input man. I can get a 2012 xp w/600 miles on it off a friend. It's got big horns, pro armour doors, extend a cage w/spare, front diff guards, and a stereo top. His riding style is very laid back, and I can get it for 14, 500. I think it's a good deal :dunno: oh yeah it also has a windshield thumb.gif

FroggF350 said:
I would say that also, except for the front locker. All canams 4x4 systems SUCK!!! and no way to fix it. I would have one if it wasnt for that, they are fast and fun to drive.
Try the QE front end off of a Commander Limited, it's a 1/4 turn lock up and works very well. I just bought a Maverick and will be putting one of these in. I think the Cost of these are $600 for all the internals or $1100 for the whole front end.

Fool Injected said:
Thanx for your input man. I can get a 2012 xp w/600 miles on it off a friend. It's got big horns, pro armour doors, extend a cage w/spare, front diff guards, and a stereo top. His riding style is very laid back, and I can get it for 14, 500. I think it's a good deal :dunno: oh yeah it also has a windshield thumb.gif
I think you will be happy with any one of the three you've mentioned. I dont really have anything bad to say about the rzr xp, the numbers dont lie, and they have a ton of them. Just make sure the cage is atleast re-inforced. I dont want to open a thread on here and find that one of our members got an injury like the one we've recently been reading about.
Getting a set of harnesses would be a good idea too.
Super ATV sells them for $120 for 2 four point harnesses in red or black.
http://www.superatv.com/SuperATV-UTV-Latch-Seatbelts--P1017C558.aspxi

i in same position, i was gonna get xp bout after all the youtube vids and buddys breaking there rzrs constantly i leaning hard towards the maverick, but the visculock or whatever they call it would absolutely suck i would think! :drinkers:

I have had 800S and 900xp.
Frogg is right on.
I would prob own a maverick right now but the front locker/no locker does it in for me.
I know that the QE was mentioned earlier but I have a friend that has a commander with qe and it still sucks!