• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

yamaha sport sxs rumor

Wander what it's going be?? Think it maybe a grizzly built like a Polaris ace??? Lmao!!

Re:

I saw a picture of the supposedly new sxs .. it looked like a mix of canam and wildcat but it was mostly covered.. I just hope they have a good suspension system

Manual trans, 120 HP 3 cylinder engine that doesn't sound like a damn rzr, yamaha build quality..... sign me up as long as the suspension is legit.

Couple more days and we'll see for sure. I hope it lives up to all Yammy's hype... "dawn of a new era."

It Looks like A-arm rear suspension, i'm kinda bummed about that

Read this from a big utv engine builder sounds like a lot of hp potential in that engine!

"We are very familiar with the Yamaha 3 cylinder engine. We assume it is a sleeved down variation of the 1050cc snowmobile powerplant. While the engine is outstanding and with our turbo kit can make about 275 hp on 100LL with nothing more than head studs (in the Yamaha Viper snowmobile), the issue is it is rated at 112 hp NA (leaked emissions docs) and it has a gearbox (patent application and leaked specs). If by chance it is an automatic gearbox with paddle shift, Yamaha may have something. If it is a gearbox with a clutch and manual shifter, for most people this vehicle will be DOA. Either way, it will be down on power compared to either the Maverick Turbo or RZR Turbo regardless of the improved efficiency with gears. The great thing about turbos is you can always turn them up "

I was expecting big trailing arms too. That being said, Yamaha knows very well what its competition is, and I would be surprised if it doesn't measure up.

Agreed the engine will be bulletproof, even at elevated power levels. Who knows about the trans.

I agree the initial horsepower numbers are disappointing, whoever, we need to see what it does in the dirt before we get disappointed Again, Yamaha knows what they're up against.

Not everybody needs / wants the biggest / most powerful / fastest / most expensive thing out there. I've seen it for many years in snowmobiles - they sell the same machine in 500, 600, 700, and 800 variations, about $1000 apart. The 600s sell the most because they have plenty of power for the majority of buyers. That being said, I would only buy an 800. :)

Neal3000 said:
It Looks like A-arm rear suspension, i'm kinda bummed about that

Read this from a big utv engine builder sounds like a lot of hp potential in that engine!

"We are very familiar with the Yamaha 3 cylinder engine. We assume it is a sleeved down variation of the 1050cc snowmobile powerplant. While the engine is outstanding and with our turbo kit can make about 275 hp on 100LL with nothing more than head studs (in the Yamaha Viper snowmobile), the issue is it is rated at 112 hp NA (leaked emissions docs) and it has a gearbox (patent application and leaked specs). If by chance it is an automatic gearbox with paddle shift, Yamaha may have something. If it is a gearbox with a clutch and manual shifter, for most people this vehicle will be DOA. Either way, it will be down on power compared to either the Maverick Turbo or RZR Turbo regardless of the improved efficiency with gears. The great thing about turbos is you can always turn them up "

I completely disagree with that statement. If I was to buy one. I would want the manual!!

bjeep said:
I completely disagree with that statement. If I was to buy one. I would want the manual!!

Most being the key word. I agree, most people don't want to be messing with a clutch. An electronic trans with full auto mode or paddle shift manual sounds like the best of both worlds that will keep most everybody happy.

When I told my wife it might be a manual trans, she said she would never drive it. She drove a stick every day for years and has a manual trans sport quad too, so it's not like she doesn't know how, she just doesn't want to.

bjeep said:

Me too, but preferably with no clutch which i think is what that guy is bitching about. Full auto mode makes that a non-issue anyway. The reliable gearbox is a huge plus for me, belt failures are very common in utv Racing. As far as hp goes its right in line with the n/a rzr 1k but i'm guessing way better torque with the 3 cylinder. With a turbo it should smoke pretty much everything hp wise.