• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats up with WoW?

JAWS

Was up at Elbe last weekend doing some work on some trails!!! and their was a ton of people out their looking for the FUN RUN... I herd it got cancelled.. But it wasnt posted any where No signs posted!!! Thats kinda messed up!!! Any know if they are still up N running?

Was up at Elbe last weekend doing some work on some trails!!! and their was a ton of people out their looking for the FUN RUN... I herd it got cancelled.. But it wasnt posted any where No signs posted!!! Thats kinda messed up!!! Any know if they are still up N running?

Where was it posted that there was supposed to be a fun run? :eeek:

Where was it posted that there was supposed to be a fun run? :eeek:

It was brought up at the focus group meeting/s

They sold raffle tickets at the swap meet

And turned in the propper paper work to have one!!!

WoW is all done. We sold a handful of tickets for the winch and had three people to put on the Fun Run so we canned it. I am not 100% sure what we are doing with the winch raffle yet. I'm surprised anyone showed. If I wasn't in a cast I would have been there for the cleanup.

Organizations like that just don't work. I wanted WoW to represent modern hardcore wheelers, but all the hardcore wheelers I see every weekend hated it. Our legal areas will be gone in 2 to 5 years tops. Four wheeling is moving underground. The best thing for our trails now is the clubs and individuals that use them.

The one thing the last ten or twenty years has taught us is there is no cooperating with the Forest Service, DNR or even amongst ourselves.

I will still help at work parties. Writing letters to our representatives is something I intend to go full steam on. Apart from that I'm all done with the idea of an organization like WoW. They don't work and by the time you're helping gravel in a trail for them you become the greenie's best possible weapon. I love wheelin too much to allow myself to become bad for it.

WoW is all done. We sold a handful of tickets for the winch and had three people to put on the Fun Run so we canned it. I am not 100% sure what we are doing with the winch raffle yet. I'm surprised anyone showed. If I wasn't in a cast I would have been there for the cleanup.

Organizations like that just don't work. I wanted WoW to represent modern hardcore wheelers, but all the hardcore wheelers I see every weekend hated it. Our legal areas will be gone in 2 to 5 years tops. Four wheeling is moving underground. The best thing for our trails now is the clubs and individuals that use them.

The one thing the last ten or twenty years has taught us is there is no cooperating with the Forest Service, DNR or even amongst ourselves.

I will still help at work parties. Writing letters to our representatives is something I intend to go full steam on. Apart from that I'm all done with the idea of an organization like WoW. They don't work and by the time you're helping gravel in a trail for them you become the greenie's best possible weapon. I love wheelin too much to allow myself to become bad for it.

This is where we fail. IMO we can fight the others but we need support to do so both in manpower and $$$... Until people understand this concept we will move forward but its going to be slow and burn those out who are trying to press forward...

Thats shitty if thats the case.

Yeah kinda. The way I see it WOHVA is what we need. It is what WoW could have succeeded at had it taken the pure political direction. I had been a WoW member since the second meeting. I was the VP when we had our last meeting. The first six months for WoW saw is packing pizza joints with folks for meetings. Don and I were the last meeting and the one before included Barb, making three of us in Don's garage saying " okay, so Fun Run?"

I watched as petty, stupid, drama bullshit piledrove WoW over the course of two years. Too many people treated it like a club. I watched our inability control stupid emotions completely divide us.

We need to fight the political fight and take it straight to Olympia. We need to stand with the single track and quad people. Above all we need a very large and united voice WITHOUT meetings or web forums were we find things we don't like about each other and use them as an excuse to bail on the whole ****ing program.

Following the same path today that we have for decades now, what have we lost and what have we gained? We have Evans, Elbe, Tahuya, Walker and the rocks if you can deal with how crappy the whole Cle Elm district is to visit. That is it! How many more options did wheelers have ten, fifteen, even twenty years ago? Has cooperation with the government and amongst ourselves worked out for us?

Im sorry Mike, but this is a "fight" to some people. To some others, its WAR.

I have dreams every so often dude. The type that feel so real then BAM, you wake up and realize you'll never wheel that part of Reiter again with risking arrest and impound. I literally have lifelike dreams of wheelin Reiter. Must have had a dozen or more. You know when you wake up and are genuinely surprised that wasn't real?

Then my gut drops and for a brief second I feel kinda stomach sick as it sinks in that that caliber of wheelin technicality is no longer available in Washington State. Its gone.

I feel like I am blowing it by continuing to live in an area completely devoid of what I love to do. I need Reiter level terrain. In 2 or 3 years we'll have three Tahuyas, maybe.

Yes dude, a WAR is exactly what ORV users are facing and fighting. They don't care about resources or water, sanitation or erosion. These are only the tools they are using to accomplish their ultimate unspoken goal. Everyone out of the woods.

We can't and won't stop them at ground level, we know that now. It is time to stop them in the legislature. Nobody in Olympia or WOHVA give a damn how big your tires are, what you drive or what kind of character type you are in person. We are all motorized users fighting a war for our rights.

Thanks for cleaning it up Mike!!!

So whats gonna happen with the winch.. Some of the WTF guys bought tickets trying to support the FUN RUN!! Now do they just get hosed?

I thought it was against the law to sell tickets N not do the drawing!!?

Will the money be refunded?

See you on the trails!!! :hi:

Thanks for cleaning it up Mike!!!

So whats gonna happen with the winch.. Some of the WTF guys bought tickets trying to support the FUN RUN!! Now do they just get hosed?

I thought it was against the law to sell tickets N not do the drawing!!?

Will the money be refunded?

See you on the trails!!! :hi:

We have all the tickets with eveyone's names and numbers on them, as well as the cash. I will talk to Don today about what we want to do. At the very least...

Everyone will get a refund at the very least. Wheelers will not be ripped off on my watch.

If anyone wants to talk about any of this with me I'll be in the Elbe campground this weekend drinking beer and making fire with a cast on my leg. I'll have my DD wheelin rig with me as I cannot operate the buggy right now. I will also be at the Reiter meeting tomorrow night in Monroe.

We have all the tickets with eveyone's names and numbers on them, as well as the cash. I will talk to Don today about what we want to do. At the very least...

Everyone will get a refund at the very least. Wheelers will not be ripped off on my watch.

If anyone wants to talk about any of this with me I'll be in the Elbe campground this weekend drinking beer and making fire with a cast on my leg. I'll have my DD wheelin rig with me as I cannot operate the buggy right now. I will also be at the Reiter meeting tomorrow night in Monroe.

:awesomework: Thanks for clearing it all up!!!