• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's your favorite supercar/sportscar, past or present?

Don't laugh I know it's retro but I've alawys wanted one since as long as I can remember. But I would rather have a convertible, a 5.7 and black in color is a must .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sorry i got off on a huge tangent from supercars to old hot rods.

braves10and22 said:
It's been sitting there for the last 2 years...don't see why it wouldn't still be there in April. lmao

We'll try to go get a pic for ya this weekend.
Yeah I'm always hunting old tin. Its an expensive addiction. My dad brought home a cherry '32 Ford 5 window on Sunday. I rolled it off the trailer then took it for a spin. Man I love driving old cars.
I had a chance a little over 2 years ago to buy a rather famous east coast '32 5 window, and I finally balked. Well it just came back for sale. $15k higher, and its still worth it. Now how to get the dough for it? Had I not signed up for XRRA that thing would be in my garage by this Sunday. Sacrifices......

I've got old speedparts that I paid little to nothing for 5-7 years ago that now are selling for thousands. The whole rat rod movement, and the whole vintage hot rod movement blew up. The thing I missed snaggin cheap was a '32 though. There is a saying about them. "You never pay too much for a deuce, you just bought it at the wrong time. "

Another example is a '32 roadster I passed on 3 years ago for $13k sold last spring at the Pate swap meet multiple times. The guy that I tried to buy it from wouldn't come off $13k, I offered $11.5 it was a basketcase. Former west texas race car built in the late '50s. Channeled over the frame with a torch and the body was welded back to the frame the entire length (ugly bird poop welded), 322 Nailhead, and '39 ford tranny. But still a basketcase.
Rodney the guy that owned it showed up at Pate last sping with it, and it sold before he could get out of his truck and unload it for $18k on Thursday. By Sunday it had sold for 24k, 27k, and finally for $32k! The last guy put a sign on it in his booth saying "Not for sale"
Yeah it made me sick. But the wife said, yeah so what, if you had bought it, it would still be sitting in the back of the shop covered up. You wouldn't have sold it. She may have a point. <y point is old cars/tin/speedparts have been the best invests I have made in the past 7 years. They have gained appreciated more than any of my traditional investing.

Oh here are the pics of the roadster as it sat the day i passed at $13k. Not much to look at, but it looked exactly the same at pate.
IMG_0441a.jpg

IMG_0438a.jpg

IMG_0439a.jpg

IMG_0440a.jpg

IMG_0442a.jpg

IMG_0443a.jpg

IMG_0444a.jpg

IMG_0445a.jpg

ROCKYOTA said:
Don't laugh I know it's retro but I've alawys wanted one since as long as I can remember. But I would rather have a convertible, a 5.7 and black in color is a must .

I guess you prolly look pretty good with a trooper stash and a mullet. :dunno:

ROCKYOTA said:
You have no idea how many beers, burnouts and chicks I fawked in those. I didn't even own one.

my favorit sports car is the 1993-1995 mazda rx7....i have had 3...

i have also had 3 300zxTT's....

they are both great cars with great potential....teh rx7 is like a 2600 go kart...my last one had ~428rwhp....teh black 300 had about 445, but was a bood deal slower b/c it was about 1k heavier....still nice to roast the tires @ 70 on teh highway...

MVC-001F.jpg

back20rear20driver2.jpg

I am also a big an of the Supra's. The last body style they made was badass, I have always wanted one but they are spendy

under_psi said:

they are both great cars with great potential....teh rx7 is like a 2600 go kart...my last one had ~428rwhp....teh black 300 had about 445, but was a bood deal slower b/c it was about 1k heavier....still nice to roast the tires @ 70 on teh highway...

MVC-001F.jpg

back20rear20driver2.jpg
Holy ****, the guy I built the huge tahoe for is a Z guy. He has a HUGE set of turbos, a spare engine minus injectors and everything for sale. wants to get back into wheelin and out of the street cars. If you need his TT Z or his spare motor with unused brand new (3.5K worth) of turbos, hit me on PM>

BamaTJ said:
I am also a big an of the Supra's. The last body style they made was badass, I have always wanted one but they are spendy
thumb.gif hell yeah they are still spendy. heavy, but cool ass cars capable of tons of power

under_psi said:

MVC-001F.jpg

back20rear20driver2.jpg

I was wondering when you were going to chime in ;D

I've always liked the Elise. Super light, usually bare-bones basic, and I could actually afford one one day.

LotusElise_00.jpg

Also since I love to go fast on the dirt I'd love something like this:
Subaru_WRC_Rally_Car.jpg

8)

hey rikkie...

you know what's funny.....i have already been debatin what engine to put in stinky after i wheel it for a minute, no-matt-no more nowheeling comments atm plz-

i will probably do a V8 one day, bc i already have a radiator sufficient for one, but i have been in contact with a few people about sticking a TT 300zx motor in the car, it would be cool and DIFFERENT....it is just wide enuff, has tons of power, and i can run a standalone like electromotive on it, and i have installed that before, so, no biggie on that....just time and money...and i seem to be good at wasting both.......

under_psi said:
hey rikkie...

you know what's funny.....i have already been debatin what engine to put in stinky after i wheel it for a minute, no-matt-no more nowheeling comments atm plz-

i will probably do a V8 one day, bc i already have a radiator sufficient for one, but i have been in contact with a few people about sticking a TT 300zx motor in the car, it would be cool and DIFFERENT....it is just wide enuff, has tons of power, and i can run a standalone like electromotive on it, and i have installed that before, so, no biggie on that....just time and money...and i seem to be good at wasting both.......
dude I'm talking about with teh spare motor and turbos is going to let the whole package go for like 3K (don't quote me on that, and he has that in the turbos)

Latest posts