• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats your opinion?

PORTER

Me and some buddys were discusing this topic the other day. I hope this doesnt turn into a **** talking fest, but what do you think about fullsize rigs running your typical quote"Heep trails" I for one dont like to see anybody in our sport being left out, but when I see a fullsize squeezing through my favorite tight ass trail knocking trees over and winching every obsticle because they dont fit I tend to get irritated. Am I the only one, whats your take?

sometimes its actually quite amusing to sit and watch a fullsize try to get through an obstacle and fail. thats when i just zip on by them in my teeny tinny toy...

If they fit fine but I know alot of these trails are hard to squeeze a yota through.I would never try it in my chevy.Not that I'm afraid of dents but It just don't sound like it would be any fun.

Squeezing thought a tight spot I think is ok. We do it all the time.

Knocking down a tree or "changing" that particular section because of girth I think is not ok.

I've seen guys in fullsizes that physically couldn't make a certain spot so they felt vindicated in making their own go around... That's not cool at all. I say, as long as they pick trails that they can fit, fine. But don't go wreckin **** just cause you can't fit on some trail.

wheres bernes when you need him on subjects like this.......

i have plenty of patience for waiting for these over sized rigs to make it through a trail. im not saying that its right for them to do damage on a trail but ive also seen buggies cause just as much damage as a full size. hell ive seen regular jeeps cause as much damage.

sick_boy said:
wheres bernes when you need him on subjects like this.......

i have plenty of patience for waiting for these over sized rigs to make it through a trail. im not saying that its right for them to do damage on a trail but ive also seen buggies cause just as much damage as a full size. hell ive seen regular jeeps cause as much damage.
Patience is not the issue here. What I am specifically talking about is a rig that is too wide for the trail. Your average buggy/Heep/Toy,etc might rub through the trail BUT you dont see the trees being spread apart too the point they almost fall over.

Here is my take on this. My rig is of corse toy width on the body with lots of tube. And to date I still hate hittinbg trees (imo bouncing off trees is poor trail ediquet and I am not talking about the narrowness where its not an option but where you full throttle and just kinda steer).

The full sized rigs can also fall into this (as any rig really). One thing we can't do is tell who can/cannot wheel what trail unfortunately so you bring up a hard point to say ya or na on mike---but a very good topic for discussion.

So if you ask me---to take a full sized rig on a tight trail---if its going to do BAD damage to the trees no---if its a light rub/light dents then have at as long as its not full throttle assults...

Sorry for the early morning rambleing

crash said:
Here is my take on this. My rig is of corse toy width on the body with lots of tube. And to date I still hate hittinbg trees (imo bouncing off trees is poor trail ediquet and I am not talking about the narrowness where its not an option but where you full throttle and just kinda steer).

The full sized rigs can also fall into this (as any rig really). One thing we can't do is tell who can/cannot wheel what trail unfortunately so you bring up a hard point to say ya or na on mike---but a very good topic for discussion.

So if you ask me---to take a full sized rig on a tight trail---if its going to do BAD damage to the trees no---if its a light rub/light dents then have at as long as its not full throttle assults...

Sorry for the early morning rambleing
My take on this is the same as yours Mike. Like I said before, we are all equal when it comes to using our trail system but people need to make good choices when it comes to the size of their rig to the trail they run.:;

Tight Ass,Upper tightass,all the Gay Pride trails,Weed out the ****,BYS etc etc etc all started as single track moto trails and were "converted" to SWB "jeep" trails.Probably pissed alot of bikers off(ask Steve Davies perhaps) and now they're getting bashed out to fullsize width.....meh......just the nature of things.

jeepmauler said:
Tight Ass,Upper tightass,all the Gay Pride trails,Weed out the ****,BYS etc etc etc all started as single track moto trails and were "converted" to SWB "jeep" trails.Probably pissed alot of bikers off(ask Steve Davies perhaps) and now they're getting bashed out to fullsize width.....meh......just the nature of things.

wrong answer dude :clappy:

The greater Washington trails system was originally built by guys running WW2 style Jeeps. They were built LOOOONG before any of us were using them. These trails were built and designed BEFORE the advent of the 4x4 fullsize (which came out circa 60s) and you NEVER saw any fullsizes on the trails up until the end of the 90s. Washington trail system is a CJ, early Bronco, early Landcruiser, early Patrol, trail width. These trails were designed for 29 to 31 inch tall tires.

Now does this mean we should STOP from modernizing and upgrading to keep with the times?

Tough to say. I'd like to keep it status quo. But only because I fit into the status quo.

jeepmauler said:

:haha: