• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheelbase and width?

H3RESQ

What wheel base are your 2.2 comp. set up crawlers running.

I'm at 17 inches wheelbase and 14.75 width. I'm running narrowed rims with th old Moabs. Hoping I'll be a little narrower with the newer version.

Thanks. H3resq

If you are planning on competing, you can't be over 12.5" wheelbase(measured from center of wheelnut to center of wheelnut), and cannot be over 12.5" wide from outside of tire to outside of tire. Most are set at 12.5" wheelbase and between 10.5" and 11.5" width. Are you sure you are talking about 2.2 class? You are describing superclass measurements. What axles are you running, TLT?

Yes you are talking supers. The 2.2 class is limited to a 2.2" wheel and the size limits posted above. 12.5"x12.5". Your dimensions seem close to what most are running, maybe a lil wide.

Todd1803 said:
We run our comps using USRCCA rules, which can be viewed here:
http://warcrc.org/schedule/official_rc_rock_crawling_rules.htm

Our next comp is March 10th at Titlow Beach Park in Tacoma if you want to come check it out or compete (it's free to run)

Thanks, I've seen the rules.
I was wondering what wheelbase and width people were running in the superclass, not the rules.
Looks like you have a super. What's your wheelbase and width?

Wheelbase is actaully 17.5", width is about 15.5" to the outside of the tires as it is in the avatar pic. That is running .75" widners on each side (1.5" total). I can also narrow it up to about 13 - 14" wide by swapping to Moab XL's and zero offset adapters.

Wow Todd, I knew it looked longer than some, no wonder I couldn't climb the vert stuff at the last comp with only 14 7/8" wheelbase:haha: Time to stretch it out.

Thanks guys, Keep them W and W's coming. I'm doing new shock mounts right now. When done I plan to stretch it to 17.5 or 18. Have yet to decide.
I'm kinda doing some minor changes to chassis right now. Mostly cause I'm bored and think this will change it's performance a little.

17.5 on mine also, these are all stick type trucks, if you have a 4 link truck 17.5 will be a little long, belly will hang up all the time.

I B..