• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheelin this weekend?

perception is important you can change peoples perception of something by its name. Reiter trails sounds much better than Reiter pit pure and simple. I swear some of you clowns just like to argue these kinds of things just to hear yourself talk (or type) when it dosent take a brain surgeon to know whats right:rolleyes:

I'll tell you what Jim, you show me an independant study (non-biased by a 3rd party) that shows by changing the name to Trails from Pit somehow positiveley affects the non-users of Reiter and I'll fully endorse the Trails name...right up until the DNR changes it to Foothills

But until then all you self righteuos a-holes are just like everyone else on the interent, talking **** out your ass with nothing to back it up all in the name of helping others. I don't need your help in changing the name of an unoffcially ORV area...why don't you take some of this BS energy and show up to a Reiter Work Party?

I'll tell you what Jim, you show me an independant study (non-biased by a 3rd party) that shows by changing the name to Trails from Pit somehow positiveley affects the non-users of Reiter and I'll fully endorse the Trails name...right up until the DNR changes it to Foothills

But until then all you self righteuos a-holes are just like everyone else on the interent, talking **** out your ass with nothing to back it up all in the name of helping others. I don't need your help in changing the name of an unoffcially ORV area...why don't you take some of this BS energy and show up to a Reiter Work Party?

For years and in the eyes of many others - the area up there is known as -

Reiter Pit

*Guess sometimes i have to agree with Jobless

Either way, whats it matter? I don't go rambling at the mouth about my *(favorite unknown trails) so then others can find them in large groups every weekend and thrash them.

Reiter become more known - by all these damn websites. same with other trails, <----- *keyword there... TRAILS.

By making it clearly obvious to the not so smart ones, now they too can say to themselves, oh - hey look there be some trails we can go to junior?

There are so many TRAILS out there, but we don't talk about them, as for fear of them becoming more widely known about or used or thrashed. ask anyone you know... if they know where a trail is? I'am sure they do...

Trails are made by users!

As for Jim, sometimes it's ok to remain MODEST :D

*(Wait to you see whats happening at CF here in Thurston County!):stirpot:

Last edited:
So whos actually wheeling and what freakin day?

Huh? I thought this was just a bitch thread.....:haha:

For the record, I support Reiter Trails, or just Reiter. I see no problem using the "pit" term when describing areas within Reiter.

In other words, using the phrase "Reiter Pit" in the company of the uninformed(who can make out lives hell) is not a good idea.:flipoff:

Wwwwwhhhhhooooo Cccccaaarrreeesssssss

WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! do you boys need a bottle??? you name it what you will, Like anyone is going to call it something different then they have for years, give me a break !! Don't you have a Honey Do list to work on??:rb: :rb: :rb:

Well brad because I am not some anal geeky type that needs a "study" to know the differance of what sounds better I will stick with "trails" is better. As far as work parties no I have never been to a wp at reiter but plan to when it becomes a official park. I have however logged many hours at Evans, Elbe Naches,Shoestring area and many more. Have you ever bothered to show up at any of these other areas to do anything but use them on occasion? I really doubt that your in any kind of a positoin to challenge my efforts to our sport but your free to keep typing about it anyway:haha:

Well brad because I am not some anal geeky type that needs a "study" to know the differance of what sounds better I will stick with "trails" is better. As far as work parties no I have never been to a wp at reiter but plan to when it becomes a official park. I have however logged many hours at Evans, Elbe Naches,Shoestring area and many more. Have you ever bothered to show up at any of these other areas to do anything but use them on occasion? I really doubt that your in any kind of a positoin to challenge my efforts to our sport but your free to keep typing about it anyway:haha:

"perception" :;

Much fuel will be consumed this weekend at reiter pit.

Also, Foothills sounds like a hiking area. Nice.

I've talked to several outsiders (non-wheelers) about this issue. Yes, locals call it Reiter Pit and yes, I know that is for the gravel pit. It did not get its name from being "a pit." When I mention the name Reiter Trails, just about every person I talk to says, yes, that is a much better name and gives a better impression. They associate the area with a place to bury people, party, and dump your garbage. So the "pit" to the avg. non-wheeler in Sno. County means just that "a pit!" Not a gravel pit, a pit. It's these very people we are trying to change perceptions. The only reason I can think of for people not wanting to call it something else beside Reiter Pit is because they associate it with RTW and they don't like what RTW is doing. You have to be pretty dense to honestly believe that Reiter Pit sounds better than Reiter Trails. Who needs a study?
I can't wait until the DNR starts having to name trails and what people's reaction will be when they don't like the name Beat Yer ****. I can hear all you whiners already.

Well brad because I am not some anal geeky type that needs a "study" to know the differance of what sounds better I will stick with "trails" is better.

Your saying that your perception of what is good vs bad should be good enough for the rest of us then?

It's your opinion, just like everyone else has an opinion...only those others who are mods on this board seem to think that their opinion is somehow more justified then others and therefore they can censor what people say.

It all adds up to bullshit and wasted efforts becasue just like others have said peopple will continue to call it whatever they have for the past decade :beer:

Your saying that your perception of what is good vs bad should be good enough for the rest of us then?

It's your opinion, just like everyone else has an opinion...only those others who are mods on this board seem to think that their opinion is somehow more justified then others and therefore they can censor what people say.

It all adds up to bullshit and wasted efforts becasue just like others have said peopple will continue to call it whatever they have for the past decade :beer:

Its not my opinion that really matters Brad. Its how others see us that matters when were trying to "sell" something. When joe public hears Reiter"pit" his perception is that its a pit. When he hears reiter "trails" that sounds like a nice place to enjoy. Call it PC or whatever you want but its still the fact.

Its not my opinion that really matters Brad. Its how others see us that matters when were trying to "sell" something. When joe public hears Reiter"pit" his perception is that its a pit. When he hears reiter "trails" that sounds like a nice place to enjoy. Call it PC or whatever you want but its still the fact.

Go to a county council meeting and see how both "trails" and "pit" is percieved..

The same could go for the up and coming focus meeting...

Now granted I don't care what its called--I just call it reiter and grew up as it being reiter pit. But back then we had ALOT more places to play--we could get away with anything. Like anything though those days are gone and our sport is also running into hard times if you look at the facts of what we had 10 years ago..... Heck look at what danger our "ORV" areas are facing--that should be a wake up call..

But sadly the truth be told we as a user group really are doomedecause we can't seem to do anything without an argument...

I can't wait until the DNR starts having to name trails and what people's reaction will be when they don't like the name Beat Yer ****. I can hear all you whiners already.

When the DNR does something, like rename the trails, I will care less as it is their area to do with as they see fit.

It's not quite the same thing when the RTW and the Mods on this bbs decide to do it, do you agree?

You're entitled to your opinion, no different than me or the next guy...only you don't see me or the next guy forcing ours upon others especially since you aren't the DNR and have no right, obligation or authority to do so.

Facists...

I guess this is where we differ.

My efforst for Reiter are focused on the DNR, Bonneville power, F&W, etc...the non-reiter-using-public are not my concern. Call this narrowminded or ignorant, I call it choosing your battles.

this argument is like trying to get your 21 year old son to not look like THAT GUY..

you know THAT GUY. he wears his pants down around his thighs with his hat on sideways and wearing costume jewerly over his raiders jacket with his shoes untied.

when the cops come into a scene and everyone all of a sudden stops and straightens up who is it the cops see first? it is THAT GUY.

who stands the best chance of being ****ed with by the cops? its THAT GUY.

cops pull into a parking lot and a group of youths are gathered who is it thats gonna be searched and messed with? its THAT GUY.

you can explain it in words he can understand and he still for some reason wants to be THAT GUY.

some people cannot read the writing on the walls because they are too busy being THAT GUY.

perception is everything.

when that kid goes for his job interview should he dress and act like THAT GUY???

$.02

god i wish i could get out wheeling, the jeep is going to waste as i cant seem to be able to do anything these days.