• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where do the buggys wheel?

kayjef

So I am somewhat new to washington state. I have lived here 4 months. Only been out to elbe a few times, and although that place is fun, I still have a feeling of wanting more difficult trails. *And my idea of a good trail is not a mud hole*. I am also aware of funny/moon rocks and I have yet to go, I am looking forward to it. But an actual trail I think is more fun than a playground area where you pick any line you want.

I am just wondering if there is anything near seattle/tacoma/olympia that is more hardcore. Especially with nasty hill climbs and rock obstacles.

I guess to rephrase my question... Where is the most difficult trail near seattle?

Yellow jacket at tahuya is about the only trail on the west side that meets your listed criteria. Lots of good hard trails at rimrock and liberty as well as Naches. The issue the buggy have is getting from trail to trail without getting on FS roads which will net you a ticket if caught.

hey 44's can still crawl. :flipoff:

I definitely like elbe. I think its a cool fun place, but since the trails are basically made and maintained by a lot of guys on here I am just surprised that one trail hasn't been turned into the toughest trail in the state. It seams like the manpower is there (work parties) and the resources (rocks) are already there, but everything that has been built I would only rate as a 6/10.

Chop shop was telling me its better in winter. We shall see. Just seems like deeper mud holes.

I guess I will be driving a lot to get to stuff like this

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AeyECDIa2ZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yellow jacket at tahuya is about the only trail on the west side that meets your listed criteria. Lots of good hard trails at rimrock and liberty as well as Naches. The issue the buggy have is getting from trail to trail without getting on FS roads which will net you a ticket if caught.
Yellow jacket is 100 meters long. And the rest of Tahuya is two wheel drive.

The closest thing we have to anything in Oregon is the moon rocks/funny rocks over east. There is allot of similar terrain over east near the gorge but most of that is private land and whats open is of course "not permitted" :rolleyes:

Like Mark M mentioned canada is your best bet right now.

Most of us wheel a set of jack stands inside a garage.

This! the big 6 ton stands to make it legit. F me, its been too long.

Canada is the ticket for sure, probably the most fun I have had in a wheelin rig was up there.

Pics of the buggy on 44 bogs!

Walker is fun time and has a couple pits to play around in
Reiter is getting better but it is limited but it is what you make of it...
Evans
Elbe Hills
Liberty
Manastash
Naches
Tahuya
sadie Creek
Mosses lake

They are what you make of them...

What ever happened to the place that was in the works north of Portland? I don't remember what it's called, or anything.