• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where do the buggys wheel?

Next you have to figure out how much time and money to allocate to a few small trail changes to challenge what few buggies are up here. The trails are too narrow, too muddy and too easily damaged. If over built vehicles tear up the trails too much DNR may decide, or be pushed, to close them for environmental reasons. Just look at what happened to Reiter. Let's face it, the PNW isn't really a good place for buggies. There are a few buggies around, but only a small percent of the wheeling population. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against buggies. I would totally love to build one some day. I dream of running the Hammers in one.

In the past 5 years I think I have only seen three or four buggies/truggies and the drivers looked bored. There just isn't much challenge for them here. Yet you look at the TJ's and small trucks, etc., and they are having a great time fighting to get over stuff that buggies don't even notice.

I love analogies. It's kind of like a guy who buys his dream boat, a 30' cigarette with twin, blown 454's then tries to take it out on Lake Tapps. It just don't fit. Or like when I was stationed on Okinawa. Most streets are so narrow you can only fit one car the size of a Honda Fit, yet there were a few people who owned full size American SUV's. You can't fit one into ANY of the parking spaces, much less down 90% of the roads. :haha: It just don't make sense.

Rather than fight reality how about sell your awesome buggy out of state and buy a nicely built Jeep or Toyota pickup. You'll have a lot more fun. :awesomework:

In your opinion, what can be done at Elbe to make a better trail? The DNR will only allow natural materials like rock and logs, no coulverts or concrete.

Well since you haven't showed up and helped at a Elbe work party I guess you wouldn't any theyare didnthavte a clue what you are talking about. But thanks for letting us know that all of our long days of work and improvments aren't good enough for you... Personaly im glad your going to wheel else where...:mad:

X2:fawkdancesmiley:

I have helped build trails up at Elbe that when they were first completed buggy owners couldnt complete or they didnt even try.:awesomework:

There are a few buggies around, but only a small percent of the wheeling population.
In the past 5 years I think I have only seen three or four buggies/truggies and the drivers looked bored.

There are more buggies around here then you probably think. What's boring is just perception of the driver. Not everyone has to be challenged to have fun....

It may be true that there are more than I think. It depends on the definition of a buggy being used. An all tube chassis that can't ever be licensed is for sure a definition. I have seen plenty of trailered vehicles that are not really street legal anymore, but I wouldn't classify them as buggies.

I do agree with "Not everyone has to be challenged to have fun". Part of the fun is just getting out with friends, getting away from wives, etc. :haha:

I guess what my opinion comes down to is that if you drive a vehicle that is so well built that you don't find the local trails a challenge, drive something less well built :cool:

Or stop complaining :eeek:

More important question, what kind of Binder do you drive? I had a '69 Scout back in the early 80's. Loved it.

There are more buggies around here then you probably think. What's boring is just perception of the driver. Not everyone has to be challenged to have fun....

Last edited:
. Not everyone has to be challenged to have fun....

Love this statement Rick.. I enjoy getting out with friends in the woods more than looking for that "hard line" but thats not saying I don't enjoy those hard lines..

Or stop complaining :eeek:

More important question, what kind of Binder do you drive? I had a '69 Scout back in the early 80's. Loved it.

Couple of things here.... First off the question was about where buggies wheel yet 99.9% of the responses are from people who don't have a buggy. Not saying the buggy guys don't complain but the complaints you usually hear are from others....... So many people write about the OM and how much they want it back yet when we had it most of those people never used the OM....
Once upon a time I had a 1970 800 but now I have a buggy.

Love this statement Rick.. I enjoy getting out with friends in the woods more than looking for that "hard line" but thats not saying I don't enjoy those hard lines..

On the other side of that coin it's much like the racing that I do. I'm the underdog and in reality I don't have a prayers chance in hell of being consistently competitive- it's a real challenge for me. Either way you go it has to be fun or why else would you do it?:corn:

On the other side of that coin it's much like the racing that I do. I'm the underdog and in reality I don't have a prayers chance in hell of being consistently competitive- it's a real challenge for me. Either way you go it has to be fun or why else would you do it?:corn:
Binder has me using my stock tracker :redneck:but its a blast

Well since you haven't showed up and helped at a Elbe work party I guess you wouldn't have a clue what you are talking about. But thanks for letting us know that all of our long days of work and improvments aren't good enough for you... Personaly im glad your going to wheel else where...:mad:

damn, touchy much? Actually I was at the work party at elbe in september and helped build a water runoff barrier.

In your opinion, what can be done at Elbe to make a better trail? The DNR will only allow natural materials like rock and logs, no coulverts or concrete.

It would be nice to see some larger rocks strategically placed. Instead of just throwing all the rocks into a conglomerate so you just diff dodge through them. I just want to get some people on board to build a really hardcore trail at elbe, but I guess that's an unpopular proposition with lots of people on here.

Next you have to figure out how much time and money to allocate to a few small trail changes to challenge what few buggies are up here. The trails are too narrow, too muddy and too easily damaged. If over built vehicles tear up the trails too much DNR may decide, or be pushed, to close them for environmental reasons. Just look at what happened to Reiter. QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know the history of these trails up here in washington or exactly what happened to reiter other than a couple people told me it used to be cool, and then was shut down and reopened as dirt roads.

It would be nice to see some larger rocks strategically placed. Instead of just throwing all the rocks into a conglomerate so you just diff dodge through them. I just want to get some people on board to build a really hardcore trail at elbe, but I guess that's an unpopular proposition with lots of people on here.

Where would the rocks and excavator come from? How would the rocks be moved to the trails? Who will pay for it?

kayjef;1003this?It would be nice to see some larger rocks strategically placed. Instead of just throwing all the rocks into a conglomerate so you just diff dodge through them. I just want to get some people on board to build a really hardcore trail at elbe said:
Sounds like a great idea.:awesomework:

Where would the rocks and excavator come from? How would the rocks be moved to the trails? Who will pay for it?

X2 can you answer this

After wheeling the rally course with the buggy at Monroe and talking to a couple of the pnw racer guys, I think I am going to give it a shot next season.

As far as Elbe goes...WTF has made that place doable again. I appreciate that. The trails change with the season... that place is ****ed in the middle of January. If the OP opinion is based from May-September then we should suspend the thread until the dates noted above. I love that place in the snow.

After wheeling the rally course with the buggy at Monroe and talking to a couple of the pnw racer guys, I think I am going to give it a shot next season.

As far as Elbe goes...WTF has made that place doable again. I appreciate that. The trails change with the season... that place is ****ed in the middle of January. If the OP opinion is based from May-September then we should suspend the thread until the dates noted above. I love that place in the snow.

:awesomework:

Sweet!!:awesomework:
I'm with you Rick!!! I think Chris will have fun doing the racing thing and I will as well next year but I still like crawling on the rocks!!!:awesomework:

In my mind it's all about having fun! Racing/Rock Crawling/ Snow wheeling /rallying course...Ect. Wheeling with your buddys! It all about what is fun to you!!!!!:awesomework::beer:

I'm with you Rick!!! I think Chris will have fun doing the racing thing and I will as well next year but I still like crawling on the rocks!!!:awesomework:

In my mind it's all about having fun! Racing/Rock Crawling/ Snow wheeling /rallying course...Ect. Wheeling with your buddys! It all about what is fun to you!!!!!:awesomework::beer:

Sorry I guess I should have clarified, as long as the pnw races fall in between the epic buggy runs, I will be there.:awesomework:

This guy is just your typical '' I ran the busy wild in 20 mins'' ''Elbe is easy'' :swing: He had 33s or 35s on Rockwells so his dif clearance sucked... Their is spots out their all year that would give his rig a work out... He just doesn't know where they are...

See you in two weeks last work party of the year.. you bring the tractor and large rocks and lets build this rock obstacle you are talking about :awesomework: