• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where do you buy BFG stickies?

patooyee

I know they're available to the general public supposedly now. Someone told me where to get them in a previous thread here that I can no longer find.

That's the same place someone linked me before, thanks. Is that the only authorized retailer or something?

patooyee said:
That's the same place someone linked me before, thanks. Is that the only authorized retailer or something?

They were the last I heard, they have been experiencing LONG backorder times, but the wait time they are showing online now isn't bad at all

They claim they are the only retailer due to the tires not being DOT approved and that they are in stock right now ready to ship from CA. Their shipping is super cheap at a mere $10/tire. How they can afford to ship tires across the country like that I have no clue.

Are the Trepador sidewalls a lot stronger than BFG?

I'll tell you what I have been told, and something you might already know: The sidewalls have a better chance at lasting when aired up enough. I do not let mine below 10psi.

FlatlandFSJ said:
Did JJ get a crawler that no one knows about?

No, you know I'm always scheming / thinking. I've been looking for something small and used but nothing seems to be popping up that I'm interested in. Every time something does the seller decides not to sell. So I may start collecting parts to build again. One thing I'm sure of is no matter what it is it will have 40" stickies. That leaves treps and BFG's as the only options really. I don't think I've ever seen a tire work as well as BFG's but I do have a tendency to be rough on tires. Not sure that $1000 additional for 5 Treps is worth it knowing how well the BFG's flat-out work.

patooyee said:
No, you know I'm always scheming / thinking. I've been looking for something small and used but nothing seems to be popping up that I'm interested in. Every time something does the seller decides not to sell. So I may start collecting parts to build again. One thing I'm sure of is no matter what it is it will have 40" stickies. That leaves treps and BFG's as the only options really. I don't think I've ever seen a tire work as well as BFG's but I do have a tendency to be rough on tires. Not sure that $1000 additional for 5 Treps is worth it knowing how well the BFG's flat-out work.

That 1000 dollars is 2-39'' reds.

patooyee said:

IMO, BFG's are the best tire in rocks PERIOD! but after buying a brand new set and two rides later I had a cut tire, I went to a tougher side wall and sacrificed performance on rocks. My sx's aren't broken in yet but out of the gate, bfg's hook up better in the rocks. I considered the Treps myself but I had too many people tell me I wouldn't like them after running Krawlers.

Has anybody tried the new BFG in the southeast yet? Can't remember exactly what it's called but it looks really similar to a KRT B. Suppose to be twice as sticky as a Red.

I'm a 100% crawler guy myself and they are hands down the best tire in rocks period. With that being said I had a chance to buy a set of treps while my new bfg's were on back order. I ended up cancelling my bfg order after running the treps a few rides. They are one tough ass tire. I beat the hell out of them this weekend and they kept coming back for more. Probably the hardest I have pushed my Buggy in 4 years that I have owned it. I have no doubt that I would have cut a BFG if I would have treated them the way I did the treps this weekend.

zayne2427 said:
I'm a 100% crawler guy myself and they are hands down the best tire in rocks period. With that being said I had a chance to buy a set of treps while my new bfg's were on back order. I ended up cancelling my bfg order after running the treps a few rides. They are one tough ass tire. I beat the hell out of them this weekend and they kept coming back for more. I have no doubt that I would have cut a BFG if I would have treated them the way I did the treps this weekend.

I personally think they are a lot closer in the rocks than people think, It just takes FOREVER to break in a trep because of the tread depth and all the sidewall tread

I don't think thats a tire you'd want for a trail rig, i've seen pictures of them after 1 race and they are completely shot, tread gone

patooyee said:

It's a sickness, get help!

Re: Re: Re: Where do you buy BFG stickies?

muddinmetal said:
Honestly, unless your rig is 2500 lbs or less, I've never seen a Krawler work better at 4-7 psi than it did at 12 :****:
Not true.
My old truck, McMinn's new one works totally different on the same obstacles at 7front/5 rear than at 10f/8r.
All other variables the same.