• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where do you buy BFG stickies?

nhl_bullitt said:
Interesting read. Just curious, are you saying a 42 pitbull is smaller than a 39 Red? Or maybe you are stating the opposite of that?

Im trying to say the rig would go waaaay waaay better with the reds than the 42 PBR's, despite being a lot shorter and narrower..

toyotanuts said:
They do great at harlan. Ultimate adventure may have been blue labels.

I agree with this... the reds are great in harlan, wet or dry...seems to be the same for Windrock, I actually made my fastest run up rattle rock in a downpour on Reds... now AOP, GMP, and Ivy Branch I was completely screwed with reds in the rain unless you've got a decent amount of rock to get traction. my last trip at ivy I was having to hit the trail exits in high range to keep from winching out of every single trail haha.

Re: Re: Where do you buy BFG stickies?

Mortalis5509 said:
They don't work as well in rocks as half worn due to the longer tread blocks rolling.

Wow i have never heard that....thanks :flipoff1:

Mortalis5509 said:
They don't work as well in rocks as half worn due to the longer tread blocks rolling.

I agree 100%. A worn full tread or new half tread is way better in the grip department.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

noracin said:
What about the nitto and toyo 40 inch stickies ? I'm curious how they compare to the bfg and trep ?

Wayland Campell had two flats on the final lap of the Fallon 250 this past weekend with the nittos. He could have lost more than that but I only caught the last lap on live feed. Randy Slawson ran the whole race without a flat with BFG.

easleycrawler said:
They didn't fair to well on the ultimate adventure at Harlan, from what I read. Only a few actually made it up the water fall. :dunno:
Was that the 37s or 38.5s? The 37s aren't sticky.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Where do you buy BFG stickies?

crawlin85cj said:
I agree 100%. A worn full tread or new half tread is way better in the grip department.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Do you even crawl bro?

:flipoff1:
You go fast driver you!

85toyo said:
Wayland Campell had two flats on the final lap of the Fallon 250 this past weekend with the nittos. He could have lost more than that but I only caught the last lap on live feed. Randy Slawson ran the whole race without a flat with BFG.
That was probably crap happens kinda deal. I cut a trep on the rock pile a bill place moving fast over them.

I quoted what Clemson jeep ask, about seeing the Falken tires on the east coast. The ultimate adventure ran them, that's why I said they didn't do so well at Harlan. I wasn't referring to bfg red labels.

If they were running the stickies during the ultimate adventure I doubt there was much left of them afterwards. That's a lot of road miles for some sticky tires.