• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which joint is best with DD

So which is the best joint for control arms on a daily driver? JJ's, Heims or the stock style control arm bushings?

Heims will eventually wear out. The cheaper the heim the faster it'll wear and click and squeak. A johnny joint is a nice compromise, it allows for all the movement needed with no binding and you can adjust the preload to get rid of any slop.

I have seen the stock bushings last the longest. They don't offer the best axle control though, they are too soft (Jeep TJ).

I have Rubicon Express Superflex joints on front and rear controll arms. (The Superflex are pretty much the same thing as a Johnny Joint.)

With 3000 miles these joints are still tight: some remain so tight they wont take grease yet. Definitely a high quality, long wearing joint. Got my vote.

Heims will be dead before you make it to the grocery store.

I have Rubicon Express Superflex joints on front and rear controll arms. (The Superflex are pretty much the same thing as a Johnny Joint.)

With 3000 miles these joints are still tight: some remain so tight they wont take grease yet. Definitely a high quality, long wearing joint. Got my vote.

Heims will be dead before you make it to the grocery store.

x10...

Ballistic fab has very competitive prices on flex joints which are the same as jonny joints (made by Currie and named after John Currie)
If you want the best summit machine sells jimmy joints. They are the highest quality available.:hi: