• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which welder would you buy?

mudhog007

I am looking into upgrading to a good 220 welder and have it down to 3

miller 211
miller 212
or the ESAB migmaster 250

I have been running the miller 140 for years now and am completely happy I would just like something with more ability to weld hotter for longer periods of time.

Anyone with experience in the ESAB arena?

I've had my miller 210 for a few years now and wouldnt trade it for anything so I would reccomend the 211 there is a slightly used one for sale right now on one of the swap meet threads

I have a 210 and love it, i don't think you could go wrong with a 212 either. You will be happy with either a Lincoln 210, or Miller 210 and up. I'd steer away from the ESAB, no reason other than i have no experience with them, and you don't see many pro's with them.

Last edited:
My Dad and brother both have the ESAB and LOVE them...

My Dad has one of the first models of the Migmaster 250, and he owned a welding shop for 15 years. He used it in the shop for years, and then closed the shop down and it is in his personal "garage" and still going strong.

go esab really good machine.. got rid of the millers at work and got all new esabs.. there out in rain all and cold all day and only ever have problems if a lift is to run over a cord my oppion i would do esab

Last edited:
awesome thanks for all the responses going with the ESAB complete with all the goodies, I tested it last night and going up tonight to pick it up. So that with the miller plasma we picked up last night and the pro 105 hd we got a month ago all we need is time and the shop is ready to go. Anyone need a bumper or sliders? LOL