• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whitey

With whitey the way it is I determined it good enough to go on the hangover run as a shakedown run, the only thing I wanted to fab on it was the front winch mount and the front bumper. I still have the old warn 9.5 ti that was on my silver/blue truck and the rental complete with synthetic line so now it will live on its 3rd truck. The skid on the front of the truck was built to be a winch mount as well so that's where the winch sits on some formed 1/4" plate. I built the bumper on wednesday and finished it at about 3am and the whole time I was building it I hated it. I thought it was too plain compared to the twisty tube things I normaly build but I guess plain is what I was going for because this thing isnt suposed to stand out. Here's the finished product.

P1000553.jpg
[/IMG]

I'l work on the bob job and the rest of the fab in a bit, as I have a 4runner to fix right now...

Product testing :D:D:D

P1000557.jpg
[/IMG]

bumper looks sharp. if I had a Toyota, I'd be asking if you could make me one. hey, come to think of it, you should see if Money might be interested in your "simple" creation. I hooked him up with a Warn M8000 but I don't know if he has anything to mount it in/on yet.

Terry

Went out again today for a little r&d. Me and the goon (sh*tbreak) headed in to parts unknown for a little escape the shop witch (of course) resulted in a unplanned adventure. Perfect, that's EXACTLY what this truck was supposed to be for. We went up a road in the valley I had never been up before (omg! one exists/existed:D) Wich led to some boulders / creek / ice to crawl over in order to keep going. Frontend likes the rocks just fine! and the arb works too! After mobbing the gravvel with BIG drainage cuts it became obvious that the front WAAAAAY outshines the rear. But the rear is basicly stock, and hey, my deavers should be here on saturday :D:clappy:

your rig is badass:cool: i would love to three link the front of mine:stirpot: bumper looks killer:awesomework:

Then do it. :cool: It's not that hard or expensive. :awesomework: Just keep it simple, whitey is a great blueprint and I cant have more than $600 in to the front suspension.

Then do it. :cool: It's not that hard or expensive. :awesomework: Just keep it simple, whitey is a great blueprint and I cant have more than $600 in to the front suspension.

damn really thats pretty cheap, when i get the spare cash i might just do it, or pay you for your time and knowledge as i have never linked a rig:cool:

damn really thats pretty cheap, when i get the spare cash i might just do it, or pay you for your time and knowledge as i have never linked a rig:cool:

That's a heluva lot more than $600 :cool: Time is money and I got about a gazilion hours in this thing. $60 a hour x 1 gazilion = $60 gazilion dollars. I dont do financing :haha:

Last edited:
That's a heluva lot more than $600 :cool: Time is money and I got about a gazilion hours in this thing. $60 a hour x 1 gazilion = $60 gazilion dollars. I dont do financing :haha:

Thats one way of saying it... its hard to quote for custom work. Nice rig. :awesomework:

no for sure i understand time is money im not new to fabn just linkin:awesomework: what coils did you use in the front?

Sweet thanks man! Got me thinkin' up plans now! How did you figure your link lengths? A link calculator or just from knowledge you already had?

Sweet thanks man! Got me thinkin' up plans now! How did you figure your link lengths? A link calculator or just from knowledge you already had?

Knowledge I already had and dumb luck :D As well as testing everything every step along the way before making anything permanent. If something dosnt work out just right its nice to be able to change it easily.