• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who drives a JK unlimited?

money_pit_yj

Wife has a Tahoe and wants a 4 Door Jk. She wants the "big nasty" tires and black wheels so it will have a small lift and 35s. With 2 kids both under 5 I am trying to tell her it's probably better to get another Tahoe. Who drives one or has a wife that drives one, and what are the worst things about driving it?

Re:

Lots of women "want" a JK... Till they drive one...

Find one that she likes and let her drive it, she might love it, but I bet after having a Tahoe, the "fun" will wear off quick.

You better go rent one for a week or so, they are cool as hell, but goin from a Tahoe to that for everyday kid hauler! Stepping way down

price a 2012 and up or put a blower on the 11 and down. the 11 and up is nicer interior. I have an 09 with 4.88's on 37's. I love it. sucks **** on power, so I just bought a blower for the turd 3.8.
My wife loves it as well, they all get death wobble. Be prepared to throw some good parts at it and rock out.

Re:

I bought my wife a 13 with the 3.6. I put a 2.5" lift and 33's and she loves it. I wouldn't buy one unless it has a hardtop though. We have 6&7 yr old boys. It's an automatic and has more than enough power for her. We went from a Eddie Bauer edition expedition to the jeep for her and I didn't think she would like but I was wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've got a '12 rubicon with 3.5" lift on 35s. Auto with stock gears. Love it. Wife asks to drive it occasionally, instead on her 4Runner. If I move to 37s, I'll regear it.

Wife drove at least 6 different SUVs before driving a 12 JK. She loved the way it drove so we got one, keep in mind she had a land rover at the time. Now she has a 14 Rubicon and you couldn't get her to trade it for anything.

Like said above, make sure you get a 12 or newer

I have an 08 with a a super charger and 35s 3.73 s and it has no trouble and my wife hates it

Re:

My wife wants one bad, but I think that just the gas mileage from her Hyundai (25-30mpg) to a jk would be a hell of a shock to her. Got a buddy who has one and he said fuel mileage sucks, and it's not very comfortable for long trips fwiw

muddinmetal said:
They are turds with 35s and stock gears from 07-11

this.

the wife loves hers. 2008 jku rubicon. loves driving it all the time and especially without doors or top.

we packed up the kids and the dog, used a hitch basket and took a trip for a week. plenty of room using the hitch basket for storage

2" lift and 35s

There's a hottie running around here in a yellow one with a bunch of ridgid lights, I hear her husbands gheyyyyyyyy

My ole lady has a 12 with 4" on 35s makes me sick to have 40k in something that leaks at the car wash even after dealer put new door seals in it with 1500 miles, can't pull anything and gets 16mph. Cool looking but for the money it's still old technology.. get another Hoe - Fo Sho

I recently bought my wife a 2012 Oscar Mike edition and put a 3.5" lift with 35`s. She loves it You will kick yourself for not buying a 2012 or newer with the 3.6 290hp engine. I also put a 3/4 inch spacer on the front to prevent a stink bug look (sagging front) I hate that ****.

Just got the wheels put on after a 8 week backorder

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1409432317093.jpg
    ResizedImage_1409432317093.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 97
Verdict is in. She wants a 4 door Jeep! She drove one with a 3" lift and some tires that was at my dads lot and she told me she was willing to put up with the tire roar and she said it rode just like her Tahoe. This is great, now I have a JK to build and if she doesn't like it she can't blame it on me, that's a win win!!! It was a 14 with 10k miles, I was surprised by how it did drive. All I gotta do now is to find some money to buy the dang thing!!!!!

Latest posts