• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who drives a JK unlimited?

We bought a 2012 new as a family vehicle when we had our third child, then bought tahoe a year later since the jeep got to cramped. But it's not too small when the tops off, if the tops off she's driving it. So now it's more of a "pretty day topless" ride.

1.75" front lift, 0 rear lift, with winch bumper and winch and steel cable it came back down. I've never rubbed a front tire. Rears rub at teh front of the rear fender flare thing. I need to cut the **** out of it like I did the rockers and body where it was hitting them. Mine was totaled and right side wiped off so buying the armor fenders was a no brainer. Covered up the rear quarter and it idn't have a front fender. I love them paint matched, my buddy chez did his red one too. only two I've seen like it around here

here's the wifes (2" rough country with 35" duratracs)

20140524_201947_zpspzbeo3ps.jpg

loaded up for a trip with the kids and dog
20140321_122034_zpshyisonli.jpg

I had a 08 with the 3.8 and didn't keep it long. Rubicon, auto, 35's and it was sick, even put the stock tires back on it before I sold it and I still couldn't stand it. Might not be as bad on flat ground but where I live theres alot of hills and it couldn't keep up with the flow of traffic especially on the interstate. Then recently my wife bought a 12 sport, 3.6, auto, 35's and it was night and day difference. She sold it not long ago but I loved that thing lol I couldn't believe how much of a difference it was over the old 3.8. I guess alot of it has to do with the transmission also since they're 5 spd autos now but even with the 08 with 4.10's and whatever the 3.6 auto sports have it was a huge difference imo.

My wife used to like driving mine until I kept building it. Now it's on 37s with 3.5" lift. Kind of hard for her to get our one year old in her car seat though.

Latest posts