• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who here uses a CPAP?

jwilson645

Looks like I'll be picking one up soon. Had a sleep study last night and had 200 "events" before 2 am. :eek: No wonder I feel like **** all the time.

All of my relatives.......use it and it will change your sleep forever.

Yep, one right here. UNBELIEVABLE results. I was an extreme case of Sleep Apnea and now sleep like a baby. Just got to get used to it at first. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
Yep, one right here. UNBELIEVABLE results. I was an extreme case of Sleep Apnea and now sleep like a baby. Just got to get used to it at first. :dblthumb:

From the way the nurse talked, mine was pretty bad. She showed me a graph from before the machine last night and I stopped breathing 10 times in a 5 minute span.

I tried for 6 months, but every night I would panic and rip the mask off. I have a mild case of apnea but the Dr said he uses one and doesn't even have apnea so I started using one. I tried all the different masks and never could get used to it. I am the only person I know that hasn't had a good result from it.

money_pit_yj said:
I tried for 6 months, but every night I would panic and rip the mask off. I have a mild case of apnea but the Dr said he uses one and doesn't even have apnea so I started using one. I tried all the different masks and never could get used to it. I am the only person I know that hasn't had a good result from it.

Same here, tried several times. Even when I did sleep most of the night with it, I still felt like ****. :-\ My issues are headaches when I don't get enough sleep???

jpony645 said:
From the way the nurse talked, mine was pretty bad. She showed me a graph from before the machine last night and I stopped breathing 10 times in a 5 minute span.

Yah, I stopped breathing 87 times per hour. Pretty bad. It does take some getting used to at first, but once you get it, it works great. The trick is to wear it in bed watching tv before you fall asleep and jsut breath normally and your body will adjust. Most people just put it on as soon as they are trying to fall asleep and then you wake up panicking that you cannot breathe. It's all in getting used to wearing it.

I've used one for about 7 years. It makes a huge difference, where now I can't really sleep without it. It did take a while to get used to. At first you will feel like you are suffocating. I used to wait till I was super tired and put it on, mine has a timer that slowly builds up the pressure. If you have issues keeping you mouth shut, you should try using an additional chin strap to keep your mouth closed.

CHASMAN9 said:
Yah, I stopped breathing 87 times per hour. Pretty bad. It does take some getting used to at first, but once you get it, it works great. The trick is to wear it in bed watching tv before you fall asleep and jsut breath normally and your body will adjust. Most people just put it on as soon as they are trying to fall asleep and then you wake up panicking that you cannot breathe. It's all in getting used to wearing it.
JRowe said:
I've used one for about 7 years. It makes a huge difference, where now I can't really sleep without it. It did take a while to get used to. At first you will feel like you are suffocating. I used to wait till I was super tired and put it on, mine has a timer that slowly builds up the pressure. If you have issues keeping you mouth shut, you should try using an additional chin strap to keep your mouth closed.

What kind of mask did yall use?

money_pit_yj said:
What kind of mask did yall use?

Fisher & Paykel FlexiFit 407 CPAP Mask & Headgear

flexifit-hc407-nasal-mask-cpap-bipap.jpg

JohnG said:
Kush's minds just a spinning. Man, can use the headers to light it, route the tube through the fire wall. Does it have a shotgun setting. :smoke:

Look Mon, no ands! :smoke:

Re:

What about if you toss and turn a lot while sleeping? Wondering how the hose will if it will get tangled up with you?

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
What about if you toss and turn a lot while sleeping? Wondering how the hose will if it will get tangled up with you?
^^^ This! ^^^ I wake and toss and turn all night. Wonder if I have this problem?

Re:

I've never had a sleep study done, but I s ore really bad and quit breathing a lot while sleeping, might have to look into this if it makes that much difference, because I feel like **** when I wake up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:

Once you get on the CPAP and actually get to REM sleep, you will probably stop tossing and turning so much. I still roll and turn at night and have woken up with the hose kind of wrapped around my head/neck. It's not a big deal.

Before I got my CPAP, I was diagnosed with RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) to a point I could not control my legs twitching all the time along with Sleep Apnea. Both of these are related to lack of Oxygen in your bloodstream throughout your system and the CPAP Oxygenates the blood. Pretty much as soon as I went on the CPAP, all of the RLS and SA symptoms subsided and no longer twist and turn during the night. Been sleeping like a baby ever since. I never would have believed that this would work as well as it does, but I am glad it does. Oh, and NO MORE SNORING, now I get to listen to my wife sawing logs.