• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who knows about Perkins diesels?

junkyard jim

I'm looking at getting a 354-6 naturally aspirated for my tow rig. Is there an SAE bell for them? (I have a Clark 5 speed overdrive already) Any other info I should know before buying one?

All I know about Perkins diesels is that when we were looking for racing sailboats, we didn't necessarily consider the fact that the engine was a Perkins to be an selling point.

What the hell you doin' jimP??? Shouldn't you be on the beach or somethin'???:fawkdancesmiley:

Looking for a truck to haul large quantities of building materials and the occasional vehicle to/from my cabin. I have about 300 feet of hillside I need to terrace AFTER it's cleared so I can hook my well to the 2 cabins. (neighbor kicked in half the well costs so he could get water too) Need a trench up the hill from the well to the pumphouse I'm going to build (before winter sets in!).

The Perkins that I have been around were pretty long, particularly for the power developed.

6bt and done? Little more common, quite a bit more power, and uses SAE bellhousings I believe.

My dad picked up a running, driving 2wd Dodge Cummins pickup for $1500 and is using the drivetrain for his Diamond T hot-rod truck.