• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who rebuilds 'Yota transmissions around here?

TrikeKid

I swapped my g52 out of my truck because it was pretty well toast after 260 some thousand miles, got to where I only had 2nd, 4th and reverse. Pulled the back half of the case off and found one of the main shaft bearings destroyed (race was near non existant, what was there was sitting in the case for me to find, I'm sure a couple of the balls that are gone are in the front half somewhere). Being that I don't have jack in the way of torx tools, I can't pull the rest of it apart at the moment, but I can HEAR stuff move if I rock it around while it's sitting on the floor. Where should I go and what am I looking at as far as cost to have myself a transmission that I don't have to worry about.

Dan 206-431-8769, he does great transmission rebuilds. Call him for a quote. You have to pull it and take it to him but that is a good way to save money, do most of the work yourself.
:awesomework:

Cool, thanks. I will call him when I get back stateside. My R151F is kinda loose and drops out of 1st sometimes. Marlin Crawler wants beaucoup bucks to rebuild it. ($1700)

x2 you will be much happier

Did that, broke it after 2 months of easy street duty (no 3rd, 5th is starting to whine like my G52 did before it dropped, pops out of 1st if i coast or hit enough of a bump). I could keep putting used transmissions that the seller says are good (and to be fair, the W56 didn't have any problems until the 2 month point when 3rd dropped).

Last edited:
OK.... get a better w56. :eeek:

I can rebuild transmissions, but for what it costs, you can buy several used ones.

Seafarin, you looking for a complete rebuild or just a repair?

I am thinking of a complete rebuild as it had 132K miles on it and felt pretty beat up when I got it. As much work as it would be to pull it all out I think it would be best to get it done right.