• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who says you need coilovers to jump?

that show made me buy my first 4wheel drive...............................but watching all those jumps makes my back hurt

Man I loved that show - I bet I used to have every single episode of it as well as Duke of Hazard recorded on a Beta VCR

at 1:20 when it was a plastic truck held by a guy's hand going over the pond I laughed out loud laughing1 laughing1
Special effects in teh 80's were badass.
I remember my uncle watching it. we didn't have tv then (no ****) and I have never caught reruns like being able to watch the dukes of hazzard in college.

blacksheep10 said:
at 1:20 when it was a plastic truck held by a guy's hand going over the pond I laughed out loud laughing1 laughing1
Special effects in teh 80's were badass.
I remember my uncle watching it. we didn't have tv then (no ****) and I have never caught reruns like being able to watch the dukes of hazzard in college.

Several of those "jump" trucks had the engine and drivetrain shoved waaaaaaaaaaaaay back , you can see the crossmembers up under then and see from fender to fender up front too ! Loved that damn show ! I want a ol chevy truck just like that ! :woot:

i love this show and have season 1 on dvd and wish they would come out with the rest of em and the 6 million dollar man also u cant beat these type of old "retro" tv shows :****:

i agree that this is the baddest truck ever on a tv show even if it is a gm product but it did belong to a hollywood stunt guy and the general lee was built by 2 old country boys in a small town in georgia plus it was a dodge and not to mention that the dukes came out in jan of 79 and the fall guy didnt start til nov of 81 but i could never make up my mind which girl looked better daisy or jody

P said:
Several of those "jump" trucks had the engine and drivetrain shoved waaaaaaaaaaaaay back , you can see the crossmembers up under then and see from fender to fender up front too ! Loved that damn show ! I want a ol chevy truck just like that ! :woot:
Yep, on the shot you can see the front shock towers, 2 shocks per side with yellow boots, and daylight to the other side :woody: they knew engine behind the axle for uptravel was cool way before we did laughing1

After jumping the the creek, jump track and flying ALL over the campground this weekend with Jimmy at MM...I must say I have mad props to anyone that jumps...now saying that, I am very disappointed that my army truck did not ever get a jump in before it was torn down for the buggy. ;D Fall guy is the **** and the truck is awesome....thanks RM for the video.

ridenrace6 said:
i love this show and have season 1 on dvd and wish they would come out with the rest of em and the 6 million dollar man also u cant beat these type of old "retro" tv shows :****:

general lee was built by 2 old country boys in a small town in georgia

I know the shop that built the first Generals, H&H Body Shop owned by Henry Holman. They had 3 Generals, one for jumping, one for chase scenes and one for closeups. When cars got tore up they were fixed and used over and over again. They ran the shop 24/7 for the first 7 episodes and then it went to Hollywood.

I loved that show. One of my favorites. I might have to dig out my match box cars and find my Fall Guy truck. Good show, Good show
When I started driving, I think I jumped every car my parents had, and mine to.
I atleast jumped every car two foot off the ground and then some.
My list:
Astro van
73 camaro ( not a good jumper)
87 chevy truck
76 ford mustange
91 s-10 jump this the highest and longest