• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who still narrows FF's?

mark

I did search, didn't find any threads (atleast with the terms I used) within the past few years about narrowing an axle.

So who does it. Specifically I *might* want a different set of spindles welded on a rear housing. I want it done right with the proper alignment bar. And I want it done for a fair (cheap is always good) price.

I see Jantz all the time for splining, but not housing work.
Don't say S&N :D (although I got a PM into Jason about that).
A friend used to know a guy in Lynwood, I have to check to see if he still knows that number.

Any other leads? And how much should I be expecting to shell out.

Dana 44? I have a bar, and pucks that fit a 44. If it's a 60, we could come up with a deal to get some pucks made. Either way, the spindle allignment jigs would have to be made. I want to be able to do my own housing work, so having the pucks and jigs made is in my future anyway.

I know you have plenty of welder to do that part of it...

Something to think about :D

Let me know:;

Have tools will work (I don't have the one for the full float spindle but I will buy it for myself if you would like work done)

Dean at Bent Metal Customs in Puyallup 253-222-4890 he does lots of custom full floating axles.

Another thing with Jantz is even though he is across the ferry.....you can setup p/u and drop off in Edmonds so you don't have to cross the ferry.

Cool.

Couple details I need to work out so see if this is going to be worth it to me. Of just take the time to find the "right" housing and just bore the spindles.

Tom, you have PM
I'll give Dean a call and see what he wants to do it. Sultan is more convenient, but P-town isn't too far away.
I'll give Jantz a call as well when I get a chance. See what he has to say on this.

Friend of mine had Jantz do a 60 for the back of his Tacoma, he's pleased with it. I can't remember the price off hand but I do remember it was a pretty good deal, not to high.

Dean is backed up and charging high now that he has a crawl ad.:rb:

The power of advertisements.
Bunk built links on page .......

Dean does good work.
Jantz does good work.
Whichever one is closer, would be a good choice.
I'm half way between them, and I had Dean narrow my 60s. Was tremendously pleased.
And for what it's worth, Dean just (Tuesday) welded up some aluminum for me, very reasonably priced work.

Dutchman Motorsports in Portland, and they also sell the tooling to do it yourself. Bucking bar, pucks, housing ends.

Latest posts