• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who wants to race the 2008 Baja?

Yup I knew you would take it this way.....Let me clean this up..

What I ment was that you were "not old enough" to know the GRASSHOPPA reffence that's all.....:awesomework:

o geez im slow

and yes i do get the reference, Karate kid correct?

Well I am way behind on this thread but I am very interested in it. I am going to drive in the King of the Hammers race in Feb. I am pretty pumped about that and am using my old UA trip truggy as a tool to get there. Well I did use it. Now Thoseguyscustoms are building me a new Rock racer / desert racer. I am also going to use my Hammers race as a tool to drive a trophy truck in Baja. If you guys do anything with this I would like to help. I don't have much of a shop and don't fab very much but I can drive anything. You guys sound right up my alley..

A string of recent events has changed all of my personal trail builds into PNW Desert builds, though none for competition.:awesomework:

Maybe we need a Desert section, PBB has one now... :haha:

I'm dead serious I want to put together a class 11 team. My first 20 cars were bugs and i have thought about this since I was 16. It's the cheapest class to build, but the hardest class to finish.

Lets keep the responses on a serious note

Scroll to the bottom of the link to see the class 11

http://www.desertrides.com/reference/racing_classes.php

bringing this back Robin....

honestly......the most economical way to do this...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636715

I HATE to admit it, but this would just make about the most sense...

--B

The whole idea of doing it in a stock VW is half of the appeal from me. It would be easy....buy a bug, rebuild everything put in seats and a cage(which aint much) then buy 2 spares of everything.

I bet helmets suits and radio gear will cost more then the whole bug build.

Then it's an enurance race. Not drive fast, but drive smart.

I have a lot of faith in those little cars.

I can see that....class 11 is nuts in its own way.....BUT...

in a race like the 1000.....I don't know that it'd be fun...

just look at the results...
http://www.score-international.com/baja1000/2001/FW.htm

ONE out of 8 finished......

those just aren't good odds...

thats what i was thinking i personally would rather race class 7S but honestly what ever is decided to race im down for whatever, class 7S is just my personal favorite

thats what i was thinking i personally would rather race class 7S but honestly what ever is decided to race im down for whatever, class 7S is just my personal favorite

ya..

all the class 7 stuff is pretty cool, and can be reasonably fast too....

I'd love to build a ranger (in fact, we may put one together down here on the side, but not to any class 7 specs, just for fun...)
but they're more expensive......and prolly alot harder to be competitive in...

--B

The whole idea of doing it in a stock VW is half of the appeal from me. It would be easy....buy a bug, rebuild everything put in seats and a cage(which aint much) then buy 2 spares of everything.

I bet helmets suits and radio gear will cost more then the whole bug build.

Then it's an enurance race. Not drive fast, but drive smart.

I have a lot of faith in those little cars.

In order to finish first, you must first finish. Thats true with all forms of racing. I have years of dirt track racing experience with sprint cars etc. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I can weld, fabricate, etc. I might even be able to get some materials through work pretty cheap (tax free.):redneck:

P.S. I just watched the Baja 1000 in HD on the discovery channel... Oh yea, IM so there!

i was crew chief on a limited late model dirt car. we raced up and down the west coast. i have had decent experience and have good knoledge. let me if i can help.

I was reading through the JeepSpeed rules last night and seen they now have two divisions. One is your basic modified XJ, YJ/TJ. The other is open to all of them plus the GC, J-series trucks etc. I was thinking a 98 GC with the 5.9 would be a good starting point. :redneck:

Yeah, just the other day there was a running wrecked zj v8 on craigslist for $600 I think in Pacific. I thought about this thread.