• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who's got an ipod in there dodge?

no I could probably do a new deck with the aux input for 100 to 150, what year is the truck I will find out what the controller for your OEM head unit would cost.

keep in mind it needs to have a CD changer input or sat radio input that is not being used......

01' DODGE CUMMINS :D Its got the cd player but not sure about anything more to it--I haven't sen the deck in weeks :haha:

cool let me do some checking
i may not be able to get an answer till Monday
find out about the cd changer and let me know, its been a while sense I have been in one!

if you can post a picture I will be able to tell,
I just sent an email off to the distributer to find out price and availability

that crash is asking for how-to hardwire an i pod into a factory specific dodge make, and a user posts up about how he put a different deck into his ranger to accomodate his i pod.

And my point is... what did your original post add to the thread other than a rude reply to someone who's simply trying to throw some options out there for a hardwired iPod? In fact, the original post said, simply "So who's running an ipod in there 2nd gen dodge? If so what are you using?". An aftermarket deck is certainly a viable option, considering the original question, and even Crash's subsequent follow-up of requesting a hard-wired option. This is also taking into account the cost of some of the adapters and other setups.

Yours was the kind of reply I'd expect from somebody on PBB, it's not the kind of reply that's acceptable here... despite the fact that it seems to be increasingly common. Sorry if you feel singled out, but that's one of my hot buttons.

Thanks, however, for your other reply, which is actually pretty informative.

Here are some pictures of my stock deck after I took it out... if you can confirm it's the same deck as yours Mike, might be helpful. BTW, my rig does NOT have the upgraded (Infinity?) stereo with the amp and such... so that may also make a difference...

radio.jpg

radio3.jpg

is that a changer control?????????
I hate Chrysler, that change the fetchers but the look hasn't changed in like 15 years

oh well as soon as I get an email back I will know allot more.........I am assuming you are looking for something before the big hammers trip?

I hate Chrysler, that change the fetchers but the look hasn't changed in like 15 years

oh well as soon as I get an email back I will know allot more.........I am assuming you are looking for something before the big hammers trip?

Actually, it probably isn't now that I think about it... my truck is a base model... but maybe Mike can verify whether his has the changer control built in or not, because I don't think mine does.

I would like to but its not necc if its going to be anything expensive--gotta worry about making everything sound first..

well if worse comes to worse I have an FM transmitter from my wifes that charges also you can borrow it for the trip if you want

Here are some pictures of my stock deck after I took it out... if you can confirm it's the same deck as yours Mike, might be helpful. BTW, my rig does NOT have the upgraded (Infinity?) stereo with the amp and such... so that may also make a difference...

radio.jpg

radio3.jpg

Yes that's the same one in the dodge.:;

So who's running an ipod in there 2nd gen dodge? If so what are you using?

I'm running a Belkin ipod adapter hardwired into the charging system and a rosen fm transciever that plugs directly into the antenna cable. Adjustable gain on the tranciever, works pretty good. Charges the Ipod and get no interference because it is directly plugged in to the antenna cable.

I didn't want to change head units because I want there to be no reason for someone looking in my rig at the trailhead to want to break into it!!!

Last edited:
Well my cd player in the dodge isn't doing so well so---I am thinking about a new deck but one with an ipod interface or some other kind of flash card setup than ca be had for fairly cheap.

You lose that link I sent you like last year? I can't find it anymore in my sent folder, musta cleaned it out... :redneck:

You lose that link I sent you like last year? I can't find it anymore in my sent folder, musta cleaned it out... :redneck:

I probably did.

But--I just went and bought a deck very simular to the one pat posted :redneck:

Latest posts