• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who's Your Daddy

Just noticed the same tires.....need to get you some 37 inch Red labels brother. At least for the trail. Are you guys from Florida? For some reason, I was thinking it was lower GA or FL that y'all were from. I was there that weekend and when we rolled up on the Jeep back at camp, we were afraid someone died. Did you end up tying the new cage into the frame? Seems like it was plated to the body....held up well for the amount of rolls you took.

Re:

That's one of my worst fears.. I hate long hills .. heavy things only pick up speed going down them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

Bumpers said:
That's one of my worst fears.. I hate long hills .. heavy things only pick up speed going down them

Troof! Long hills are the only obstacles I won't get on, full size rig or sxs. Too much to risk if **** goes south.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Just noticed the same tires.....need to get you some 37 inch Red labels brother. At least for the trail. Are you guys from Florida? For some reason, I was thinking it was lower GA or FL that y'all were from. I was there that weekend and when we rolled up on the Jeep back at camp, we were afraid someone died. Did you end up tying the new cage into the frame? Seems like it was plated to the body....held up well for the amount of rolls you took.

Yep, Reds would be a good thing. The Toyos work okay, but I'm definitely at a disadvantage to my buddies. As mentioned, one of them has BFG reds and the other has 37 sticky Treps. It was the first outing for his Treps and he would have been trying the hill after me. Needless to say he decided against it.

We are from the Tampa area, so we have to travel to any good wheeling. I've only been in this for a couple years, but my buddies have been wheeling for years, both East and West coast.

The cage did hold up remarkably well. It was an ORFab bolt in sport cage with tie ins to the floor at the dash and a Rock hard add-on bar across the top in the back. Everything you read about bolt-in cages makes you think they will crumple in a stiff breeze, but I have proof thats not necessarily true. I was going to a full welded cage, but I had a chance to pick up another one of these cages from my buddy for $300 and decided it was a better use of funds to swap to an auto trans and leave the cage the same for now. Long term I want to stretch the Jeep and go ORIs or coilover/bypass shocks, so I only want to do the cage once and tie the suspension mounts into it, so I have to hold off. As long as I don't roll it bad again I can always sell it and recoup funds for the new cage.

A lot of the guys were thinking I would get out of it after this, but I enjoy it too much and it was a good learning experience from both a wheeling and building experience as I basically did a complete frame-up rebuild by myself, including tub swap, electrical, tranny swap, painting, etc.

I just wish I was closer to good wheeling. We are 8-10+ hours from decent placesin the East and I'm really wanting to wheel out West, but that can't happen on a regular basis :(

Man glad your still at it! Hell of a ride I take it. Ouch.
Kel, what about YouTube hill!!?? Anyone did that? I still may hit it again one day. Dammit. Prob need to hurry tho I guess.. Figure it would be washed out to bad soon. That's a nasty bitch there. Would love to see someone's video of making it!

kushKrawlin said:
Man glad your still at it! Hell of a ride I take it. Ouch.
Kel, what about YouTube hill!!?? Anyone did that? I still may hit it again one day. Dammit. Prob need to hurry tho I guess.. Figure it would be washed out to bad soon. That's a nasty bitch there. Would love to see someone's video of making it!

I know of a few besides Matt and JohnG that have made it out the top of Youtube. JohnG was the first to make it. He did winch out the top, which I appreciated. Talk about a long way down. After some dirt was moved, Matt made it all the way out without winching. I personally haven't seen anyone make it out the top in its present condition. You would've made it if you would have stayed in it instead of landing on your driveshaft. You had made all of the worst parts, just needed a little more throttle at the end.

The bouncer guys could all make it and it would be a helluva a good show. It will get worse in time, but I always think it will be doable by folks with Sticky tires and a properly set up suspension. Too much rock on that trail to not be able to do it.

lowbudgetjunk said:
JohnG was the first to make it. He did winch out the top, which I appreciated.

IMO, winching is not making it. I still have a hard on for that hill and Hello Kitty.

Re: Re: Who's Your Daddy

muddinmetal said:
So, is the Hardline ride at Stoney gonna be in January, February or March? :fish:
Set the date!! This ole NC boy will load his junk up and head thata way!!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Who's Your Daddy

paradisepwoffrd said:
I noticed the 4x4cross logo in the corner. Have yall teamed up with Ricky?

Me and Ricky have been working together for a long time. He covers most of his events for me. Good Dude.

Re: Re: Re: Who's Your Daddy

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Me and Ricky have been working together for a long time. He covers most of his events for me. Good Dude.
Cool deal. I haven't talked to him in a few years, we used to wheel together back in the day. Good ppl for sure.

Which hill is gut buster ? It's the far left from who's your daddy right ?

A fella I know had a rough ride there today.. was airlifted keeping him overnight for observation but suppose to be ok
393bc7eedf1d18fa7febbc15c181fd9e.jpg

Re:

Gut Buster is two hills left of Who's Your Daddy. I pray he is well and a speedy recovery. I hope he didn't come down from the top. That is a long way to flip/roll.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Gut Buster is two hills left of Who's Your Daddy. I pray he is well and a speedy recovery. I hope he didn't come down from the top. That is a long way to flip/roll.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
I think he's ok but took a good lick to the noggin. Guys he was riding with said it rolled like 10 times