• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why is cable so hard to deal with?

dslspeed.jpg

No dirty movies to speak of here either.
Alan, tried to call, went to VM, didn't leave message
I'd love to be able to actually watch youtube vids without walking away and coming back later to see 7 min of footage

6.47 Down
0.43 Up
Bellsouth at work, for some reason work internet seems to be faster than home service is :dunno: I'm using the same laptop so the only variable is the provider.

grcthird said:
11.82 down
1.6 up
Charter cable, gonna see what AT&T is tomorrow at work.

grcthird said:
6.47 Down
0.43 Up
Bellsouth at work, for some reason work internet seems to be faster than home service is :dunno: I'm using the same laptop so the only variable is the provider.

Glad you where able to do this yourself :****:
I didn't want to get anything started myself on the test results from cable compaired to att.
Cable companies offer the speed boost at the beginning of a download and this sometimes fools the speed test on the actual speed of constant use.
Glad you noticed the difference :driving: :woot: :woot:

Well that clears things up a little bit, so the actual advertised speed doesn't mean a darn thing? Kinda misleading if you ask me.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Im ready to kill someone! Got my bill today and they are charging me extra! And for what? Not a damnthing that I have received! :****: :mad: :mad:

Have you tried the auto program channel in the main menu on your tv??
If you dint let it search for the new channels you wont see them without a box :****:

Have you checked to see if Uverse is available for you??