• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

TacomaJD said:
Coolant is not low, that's ruled out.

Here is a pic from the underside of the vaporizer and you can see the line and solenoid going into it.

judu2usy.jpg
There is a fuel filter in that line. It could be clogged or partially. When you flopped, rust in the tank could have made its may into the line.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

my toys said:
There is a fuel filter in that line. It could be clogged or partially. When you flopped, rust in the tank could have made its may into the line.

I hope there is no rust in the tank, as it is aluminum.

Haven't read all of post but ran a similar propane setup and when the vaporizer needed rebuilt it wouldn't start. I could cut the valve off on the tank and it would try to start. Propane floods the motor very quick. May not be our problem but mine drove me crazy went Ridin then came home to no start!!! Buddy had all the parts in stock for like 20 bucks and you don't change any adjustments just split the housing .

I got 2 good ideas to get it to crank, put a ass on the back, and kick it off, or put a **** on the front and suck it off!

zukimaster said:
I got 2 good ideas to get it to crank, put a ass on the back, and kick it off, or put a **** on the front and suck it off!

molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh Nobody can suck start something like Marsha!

Alright, who is Buddy Gammel and what does he do? Contact info or at least where to look to find it? :dunno:

TacomaJD said:
molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh Nobody can suck start something like Marsha!

Alright, who is Buddy Gammel and what does he do? Contact info or at least where to look to find it? :dunno:

He's the "Precision Sales and Service" guy, pops into most all of the propane threads around here. http://www.alternatefuel.com/

doesn't that truck have a "gotpropane" kit on it? might call that guy.

Don't call Carry . He will tell you to send your parts to him for rebuild. It's not that hard to figure out. Call buddy, he will sell you the parts and give good advise.

Re:

Can you get you a couple fitting to bypass that lock off and see how it does? I run an electric one on mine and I like that more because I can hear it work when I give it power. Helps with the diagnostics. This is going to sound real simple and dumb but have you messed with the connection at all at your tank. I know I've chased problems that really just turned out to be my tank connection.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Can you get you a couple fitting to bypass that lock off and see how it does? I run an electric one on mine and I like that more because I can hear it work when I give it power. Helps with the diagnostics. This is going to sound real simple and dumb but have you messed with the connection at all at your tank. I know I've chased problems that really just turned out to be my tank connection.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't think mine has a lockoff? Actually just got my tanks recertified as they had been out of date for a few years and my propane guy finally has cracked down on me. New nozzles with new o rings in them. Problem is still the same as before.

Friend of mine came over to help troubleshoot tonight. Pulled hose running from vaporizer to the mixer and tried starting while his hand was over it and it ain't pulling **** for vacuum...now we had the filter off of the air intake hole, maybe it creates just enough of a block off for it to pull enough vacuum to operate the vaporizer? We didn't try feeling for vacuum with the filter on. But with the hose plugged back up like normal, he could put his hand over the air intake hole while I tried starting it, and it would fire quickly. Currently got the carb/mixer off of the intake and cannot find anything showing signs of vacuum leak, it's weird. Gaskets look fine. All I can think of that's left is rebuilding the vaporizer, but wtf could be wrong with it that could need replacing? I mean vacuum makes it open so LP can flow through...so it sounds like I have a vacuum leak, but we inspected every damn possible thing, couldn't find ****. Also sprayed brake cleaner around everything while trying to start it, with hopes of finding vacuum leak, with no luck. I'm running out of patients with it lol.

Teeny bit of oil inside vaporizer but the little lever thing seems to work fine, and the diaphragm seals off like it should....I don't know what else to check. He could hold the button down on vaporizer and it would run as long as you wanted to hold it, or hold down the throttle a little ways. After he let off the button, I could maintain it with the throttle, until I let off and it would go dead and wouldn't even crank back when immediately trying to start it after it died.

ynu5u2eh.jpg