• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

Re:

Call Buddy, he his great to deal with. Gives great advice and sells you what you need.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re:

Pumpkin said:
Call Buddy, he his great to deal with. Gives great advice and sells you what you need.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Will do for sure, running out of options. Bedtime now....yup nearly 6am. Maybe I can wake up early enough to sit down and give him a call before work either later today or tomorrow.

I just saw this problem posted. It sounds like the problem all started when you rolled the rig. If that is the case either something got cracked causing a vacuum leak or possibly some trash made it through to the vaporizer and could be causing the pressure to be too high. I would suggest connecting a zero to five pound gauge at the test port of the vaporizer to see what it is doing. If you have over two pounds of pressure it will flood the engine. It should be around 1-1/2 pounds of pressure. Give me a call and I will help you sort it out.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827, office
205-837-8871, mobile
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

altfuel1991 said:
I just saw this problem posted. It sounds like the problem all started when you rolled the rig. If that is the case either something got cracked causing a vacuum leak or possibly some trash made it through to the vaporizer and could be causing the pressure to be too high. I would suggest connecting a zero to five pound gauge at the test port of the vaporizer to see what it is doing. If you have over two pounds of pressure it will flood the engine. It should be around 1-1/2 pounds of pressure. Give me a call and I will help you sort it out.

Buddy Gamel
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827, office
205-837-8871, mobile
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

And he's local

Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

altfuel1991 said:

Buddy Gamel
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827, office
205-837-8871, mobile
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

You are the man. I will do a pressure test and report back with results soon as I get time to fool with it some more.

I will refer business to Buddy when ever possible. I bought my kit from Carry about 2 years ago. I had a couple of backfires and it took out my mixer. I called Carry to get replacement parts and he wanted me to send my mixer to Arizona for repair. Shipping would be on me both ways. I called buddy and he sent me the repair parts for half the price Carry quoted. Buddy Gamel will get my business.

Re:

Alright, here's what we've tried/checked so far.

Main thing we do not have an answer to is the fact that it pulls plenty vacuum where the air filter mounts onto the mixer, but if you unhook the propane hose at the vaporizer that runs to the mixer, there seems to be zero vacuum pulling through that hose.

We've bypassed the filter and the solenoid in the propane supply line, both are working properly and it made no difference bypassing them.

We took the mixer and carb off of the intake, inspected everything, and put it back together with new gaskets....made no difference.

Checked every possible vacuum line, lines/hoses are in good shape with secure, sealed connections.

Took the vaporizer apart and there was a decent bit of oil in it, probably from the flop. The little sponge was totally saturated in oil, along with all the diaphragm parts. All diaphragm parts have been thoroughly cleaned and the sponge cleaned and restored....no difference.

Sprayed brake cleaner all around the intake where it mounts to the head while cranking, with no results in terms of firing. Does not appear that intake gasket would be the problem.

Take the air filter off and block off the hole with your hand and it will try to fire immediately....so that tells me there plenty of vacuum there, it's just not getting any at the propane hose that connects to the mixer.

If holding the button down on the vaporizer while cranking, it will crank and continue to run smooth and fine until throttle is decreased and it runs rather choppy at low rpm's, ultimately going dead if throttle is continuously decreased.

I still haven't had time during the day to call Buddy, but that's my next step. I'm completely frustrated with this, as I can't think of any other things that could possibly be wrong. We plan to do a compression test just for shits and giggles to make sure there isn't an issue with piston rings. It doesn't smoke at all and this issue happened so abruptly, I don't believe there's an issue there. I don't fawking know....pisses me off. Maybe there's something wrong with the mixer? The mixer is such a simple part, it's also hard for me to think there's something wrong there, too.

Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

by5y3u9u.jpg

e4ysude5.jpg

aqydebyv.jpg

Oh no, there's a Beast in the mixer! Maybe that's the problem.....
gu6egu9y.jpg

My bet is it's in the mixer. Of your not getting vacuum from the mixer to the vaporizer, that's a problem. Look at the aluminum piece that screws to the diaphragm. It may be cracked or bent.

All this focus on the propane, I have killed 2 toyota distributers , the pickup goes bad, must be the vibration.. Not a for sure, but if all else has been tried, check the fire. if you have another dist. don't take long to try it.

billstoy said:
All this focus on the propane, I have killed 2 toyota distributers , the pickup goes bad, must be the vibration.. Not a for sure, but if all else has been tried, check the fire. if you have another dist. don't take long to try it.

We took the distributor apart last night also, forgot to mention that. And checked all the plug wires. My buddy, who is a lot more knowledgeable on things than myself, said the distributor looked to be fine.

I don't see how it could be a firing problem if it will crank immediately and run fine when holding down the propane purge button on the vaporizer.....and there's no vacuum at the hose going to the mixer. If someone still thinks it could be a firing issue, please explain why, because I cannot figure it to be anything other than a lack of fuel problem.

I was just trying to help. My dist pickup has gone bad twice , there is nothing you can see, It just starts hard , misses and runs funny,, But sounds like fuel issue.

josh, billstoy could be right about the distributer, I think I got one if you need to try it,
also if you need my propane parts to try and eliminate something you are welcome to try it.

machen4x4 said:
josh, billstoy could be right about the distributer, I think I got one if you need to try it,
also if you need my propane parts to try and eliminate something you are welcome to try it.

I talked to Buddy on the phone today, but wasn't at my rig so he couldn't answer much. We are supposed to talk again while I'm in the shop. Thanks Jamie, I will definitely hollar if I decide to swap out parts for process of elimination if Buddy can't help me target the issue.

I've also already talked to George (Angryfab), and may just end up dropping it off with him to troubleshoot. Also would like him to do a couple other minor things to it too, so that may be what ends up happening.

billstoy said:
I was just trying to help. My dist pickup has gone bad twice , there is nothing you can see, It just starts hard , misses and runs funny,, But sounds like fuel issue.

Hmm, mine runs flawlessly above, say, 2k rpms....responsive throttle, smooth running, everything. When it starts dipping down to around 1500 or less, is when it starts acting like it's starved for fuel.

Oh, and while I was on the phone with Buddy, he said there probably shouldn't be enough vacuum coming through the propane hose from the mixer while just cranking it, to notice by putting your hand over the hose. So maybe, what we thought was "no vacuum" at that hose, is really just normal?