• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

machen4x4 said:
josh it is a top shift, 21 spline. I did not change it from when I bought it.
holler at brian brown to see what it is for sure, he built the truck.

Oh... Ha, I don't know why I thought it had a r151.

That should be an easy trans to find if you need it

I guarantee you have beat on it harder than you did Saturday Josh it was probally just time for it to show up

KVINSON said:
I guarantee you have beat on it harder than you did Saturday Josh it was probally just time for it to show up

I most certainly have! molaugh I just figured the fast switching from forward gears to reverse is probably what helped spawn the problem when it finally did happen? Either way, it's gonna sit. I've ran out of patience with it for a while. Might pick back up on it next month.... molaugh

JD, If I recall correctly, your truck has a G52 tranny in it. I've never seen one stick in reverse like that. :dunno:

Should be easy to fix though. I think I have a couple of bad ones that should have the parts you need to fix yours. If you replace it, look for a W56 from a 3rd gen. thumb.gif

bluetoy said:
If you replace it, look for a W56 from a 3rd gen. thumb.gif

They do seem stronger and usually shift nicer (especially after a shifter rebuild), but they use a combined trans/tcase shifter plate with a forward shift case (and the shift rails are a different length from the older forward shift cases that use a separate shifter base)

bluetoy said:
JD, If I recall correctly, your truck has a G52 tranny in it. I've never seen one stick in reverse like that. :dunno:

Should be easy to fix though. I think I have a couple of bad ones that should have the parts you need to fix yours. If you replace it, look for a W56 from a 3rd gen. thumb.gif

Thanks Nick(s), I'll get back with you Toyota gurus when I pull it apart and take some pics or have questions. Completely unmotivated to even so much as wash it off from the ride Saturday now lol.

Re:

I don't know **** about toy transmissions but I had an AX5 in a jeep act very similar when it broke a fork and the broke piece kept moving around inside and jamming different **** different ways. I still carry that broke piece in my truck because that's what led to going v8 and tons.

Re: Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I don't know **** about toy transmissions but I had an AX5 in a jeep act very similar when it broke a fork and the broke piece kept moving around inside and jamming different **** different ways. I still carry that broke piece in my truck because that's what led to going v8 and tons.

Funny, an ax5 is virtually the same trans as what's in Josh's truck.

And can someone please change this thread title to why won't my effin truck shift? Or maybe why can't i ever effin figure nothin out by myself? :flipoff1:

Lol I just mentioned that the sumbitch jams in reverse, I didn't say help me fix it :flipoff1: I'm learnin' son! Maybe in about 10 years, I'll be a master Toyota mechanic like the Nicks.... molaugh

I love a 5 speed for crawling. I also am a firm believer as to why my drivetrain has performed so well. I like being able to drop the clutch when needed, to bump it over stuff....and I like being able to mash the clutch swiftly before it takes a bad hop or something and breaks ****.

Hell son! I got a shift kit in my automatic tranny, and i can bark the tires shifting into 2nd gear going up boatramp! while drinking a beer! :****: