• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

1.) Correct, I have no lock off.

2.) Yes, if someone places their hand over the air intake hole, it will create enough vacuum to pull lp through from the mixer and it will fire. Hopefully the issue is in the diaphragm not sealing and is fixed when I replace it.

3.) I think the metering cone you are referring to is the small cone-shaped piece I have disassembled in that diaphragm picture laying to the left of the larger round metal piece that it goes into. It is held in place by one screw from the opposite side.

Ordered new mixer diaphragm from Buddy. Maybe it makes a difference. If it doesn't, I'll order vaporizer diaphragm. Judging by the lack of vacuum at the propane hose between mixer and diaphragm, I am ruling out anything being wrong with the vaporizer at this point. Will report back with new mixer diaphragm results.

Re:

infamous1 said:
Reckon Marsha could suck on the tailpipe and increase the vacuum?

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

If she'd suck on my tailpipe, it'd make me feel a little better about mah **** not startin'! :****:

Three months to Harlan or is it four? Got to be three. Chop, chop. Got some good beer for you to try

Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

It's fixed bygawd! Ordered new 225 mixer diaphragm from Buddy yesterday at 4:45pm and it was on my doorstep this morning. Installed and sumbitch crunk right up and idled like a champ.

Comparing the old one and the new one (which is made out of different, hopefully better material), best I can gather is the old one was just sort of "stretched out" and flimsy. If there's a pin hole in it, you need a microscope to tell it, because I cleaned it thoroughly and checked it up close up against a light. The perimeter seal of it, was good too. But anyways, here's pic of the new diaphragm.

je4u2yje.jpg

vypa2ame.jpg

Old one for immediate reference. (Without hardware attached to it)

e4u2abem.jpg

Also from what I have gathered, there are name brand diaphragms and generics which tend to run cheaper prices. I figure the generics are made from cheaper materials which "wear out" sooner. My vaporizer and mixer setup is not an IMPCO, which I presume is a solid brand, so the old diaphragm was generic because the vaporizer and the mixer themselves are both generic. I guess it's just another backing fact of "you get what you pay for"

Glad to have all this documented for anyone else that may encounter propane problems, especially Buddy's posts. Thanks again, Buddy!

June dog said:
Glad you got it figured out :dblthumb:. I'd done had my **** for sale by now. :drinkers:

I can't stand being able to look at something and not be able to see something wrong with it!

Gotta get steering situation straight now and I'll be ready to mash my motor again!!!

TacomaJD said:
I can't stand being able to look at something and not be able to see something wrong with it!

Gotta get steering situation straight now and I'll be ready to mash my motor again!!!

Good clean fluid and a tight toothed belt will get you fixed right up :****:

JohnG said:
It has to be a vacuum leak. :flipoff1:

Vacuum leaks suck......... :afro:

infamous1 said:
Well at least it only took 12f@#*&n pages!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

12 fawkin pages is a lot better than troubleshooting by blowing money on replacement parts trying to find what's wrong. Glad I didn't waste money on a vaporizer rebuild kit.....although with my luck, it'll probably need that too in the near future too.