• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

Neal3000 said:
Get a lighter and turn it up high

Crank up the pane full blast

Start unhookng **** and stick said lighter up to it

Find your problem or die trying fawker

Nope this one ^^^

don't forget to adjust your fuel richness BUDDY was talkn about. it will run better and longer. AND YES THAT IS WHAT SHE SAID! :****:

Re:

It seemed to have a more responsive throttle just a tad past the halfway mark toward the rich side. Wheeled AOP a little this evening and it ran like a champ! Although fawkin tranny is sticking in reverse now....if it ain't one thing, it's another.

You prob just didn't have the clutch pushed in all the way, the clutch system has air in it or the rod between to space cylinder and clutch fork has gotten out of adjustment. Or also possibly the rod on he pedal has gotten out of adjustment.

al1tonyota said:
You prob just didn't have the clutch pushed in all the way, the clutch system has air in it or the rod between to space cylinder and clutch fork has gotten out of adjustment. Or also possibly the rod on he pedal has gotten out of adjustment.

That's what I was about to post also.

Josh,
Where does the clutch normally release at? Near the floor, or near the top?

Clutch feels normal, haven't really noticed it engaging/disengaging other than what feels normal. Maybe it's the fake foot? lol

Now when I put it in reverse, it goes in easy and normal.....but will not come out of reverse without me really putting a shitload of force on the shifter and it abruptly pops out. I mean it's enough force to where I'm worried about breaking the shifter. Goes in and out of all other gears just fine.

When backing it off the trailer once home, I figured out I could hold the shifter while shifting into reverse, just past the point of grinding, but once it finds the reverse gear and engages, I can hold it there and not let it fall all the way into reverse slot, and then it will come out just fine when I get ready to go to a forward gear. But if I ever let it fall all the way into reverse, it gets stuck.

Just before it happened, I was on a nasty slick notch, doing a lot of "first to reverse" beating....someone mentioned something about a shifting rail may got out of line or bent or something? I don't know enough about how the tranny operates to form a theory, but just like my propane problem, it looks like I'm about to get to learn all about Toy 5 speed trannys... :puke:

TacomaJD said:
like I'm about to get to learn all about Toy 5 speed trannys... :puke:

as easy as they are to come by, I'd just swap it out with another and then tear into yours to find the problem - if it can be fixed then you can sell it or have a spare

onetoncrawler said:
as easy as they are to come by, I'd just swap it out with another and then tear into yours to find the problem - if it can be fixed then you can sell it or have a spare

WISE MAN RIGHT DER! Someone should change his name to Yota.

Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

onetoncrawler said:

I may not remember correct, but I thought that the "red baron" had an r151 (turbo trans) in it.?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

TBItoy said:
I may not remember correct, but I thought that the "red baron" had an r151 (turbo trans) in it.?

I have no idea what it is, you need pics of anything specific on it to tell?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why will my effing truck not crank?!?! 22r on pane

TacomaJD said:
I have no idea what it is, you need pics of anything specific on it to tell?

Id assume Jamie knows what's in it.

If the front case is 23 spline and it is a r151

Ultimately I figure I'll need to drop it out anyways, so we'll just figure out what it is then. It may be something easy to fix then put it right back in. It sure was easy to fawk up..... molaugh

Latest posts