Votes: 18 12.8%
  • 81-82"

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • 83-84"

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • 85 & wider?? Tell us how wide

Votes: 19 13.5%

• Total voters
Shoot'n for 80-82 at the widest. Little narrower in the rear.

If this is for width restrictions, I'd argue for putting the cap at 83-84". That's width of a standard car-trailer, and easy for people to gauge. Leaves the trail open for the maximum about of users with segregating those with the REALLY large rigs if that what your after.

Those that have to drive over their fenders KNOW they are wide, and can usually take easy steps to narrow it up.
________
Expert insurance

Last edited:
Mounted bare wheels on the rear axle. 81" with no tires and I'm putting beadlocks on these wheels.... Fawker is going to ba about 88ish when the 44's go on. Damn, gotta finger something out to narrow her up...

Mounted bare wheels on the rear axle. 81" with no tires and I'm putting beadlocks on these wheels.... Fawker is going to ba about 88ish when the 44's go on. Damn, gotta finger something out to narrow her up...

why?? that sounds perfect to me:awesomework:

why?? that sounds perfect to me:awesomework:

Well considering I like to wheel rimrock and it was bad enough when I was 81" bulge to bulge... My wheelbase doesn't help either, its currently at 128 1/2" so there are places it pretty much doesn't fit very well. Although I am picking up a rear disconnect this week so that'll help. :D

Shoot'n for 80-82 at the widest. Little narrower in the rear.

If this is for width restrictions, I'd argue for putting the cap at 83-84". That's width of a standard car-trailer, and easy for people to gauge. Leaves the trail open for the maximum about of users with segregating those with the REALLY large rigs if that what your after.

Those that have to drive over their fenders KNOW they are wide, and can usually take easy steps to narrow it up.

This thread really wasn't for any reason other than to just see what the standard was. It is also because there are a FEW people who bitch every year about the PNW4WDA Trail Jamboree and the width restrictions. Your never going to make EVERYONE happy but I wanted to get an idea of the general size.

I'm gonna get out the tape measure to make sure, but this thing has got to be over 85 inches wide. I have a stock D60f with 12.5 inch wide swampers on 10 inch wide rims.