• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

42x15x17 SX's actual width on 10in wide wheels

poolman said:
Ok, 42s are sx2, not just sx. Just making sure :dblthumb:

aaahhh... alright did not know this then...they dont state that nor do the sellers?? is it just one of those known things? Im not to picky about tires honestly... they all seem to be bias by the owners of them but they all seem to get the job pretty well done... i just couldnt pass up the deal i got on these while they were on sale so i snatched them up... well at least in comparison to shopping out used tires in 42... everyone wanted $1200 to $1700 for used 42 and these were $1800 shipped brand new so seemed worth it by far to me...

thanks!

mac5005 said:
I can measure mine if you want. Sx2's on h1's. I know my wheel is only ~9" wide but should be close enough.

If you wouldnt mind man that would be great... and height too actually... Pirate shows they were 41in or so but a second opinion would be great... i think im in trouble because the 40's i have now i just measured actual height and they are at 36in... im gonna end up having to stretch my front now i know it...

grcthird said:
My 42" iroks measure 38 1/2". :dunno:
My brand new 39.5 Bias Iroks measured a full 39 on a 17x9 wheel, 10psi, no weight on them. No lies. :****:

Edit: Not sure how you measured yours but I'm sure yours are taller than mine. :dunno:

Huntingman2706217 said:
If you wouldnt mind man that would be great... and height too actually... Pirate shows they were 41in or so but a second opinion would be great... i think im in trouble because the 40's i have now i just measured actual height and they are at 36in... im gonna end up having to stretch my front now i know it...

I'll get you all the measurements I can in the morning. I run mine at 5 psi, makes a big difference in overall height.

These are of a 42" sx2 on h1 hummer wheel at 5 psi. Air pressure makes a huge difference to overall height but these only seem to hook up well under 6 psi. These are on a 1ton yj.

Over height is 38.5" measure with a level on tire.

17.5" from ground to hub center

21" from hub center to tire top.

12.5" wide across tread on wide block.

14" overall width at widest part of sidewall at top of tire.

15" wide sidewall at contact patch

Awesome thank you sir!! Looks like ill have to stay at 3.5 and ill still have to run 2in spacers or if i gotta stretch to clear the 42 i may rebuild how my links are mounted while im at it... get them more inboard away from the tire... lot more work and $$ then i planned but always seems to happen!!

Again thanks again man... helps a lot!! Wheels going on order!!