• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wildman's TJ getting a face lift!!

PORTER said:
That Stak 3 speed T-case gives me wood. Downright beautiful. Looking good Wildman. See you on the trails soon enough.:D

Porter,
I don't think I can keep up with your buggy but I am looking forward to having the Jeep back on the road/trail again.

Rick

Wildman said:
Porter,
I don't think I can keep up with your buggy but I am looking forward to having the Jeep back on the road/trail again.

Rick

Remember, Porter is going to put some 33's on his buggy and outwheel all of us still :rolleyes: :flipoff:

PORTER said:
I will put 29s on and still school your ass.:clappy:

Crash has an awesome set of water filled 31" A/T's.....bring it bitch, if you can school me, I'll let you kick me in the nuts :flipoff:

Well here are some more pictures from the past few days.
IMG00599.jpg

Before the skid is in place.
IMG00600.jpg

After the skid is installed.
IMG00603.jpg

The clearance between the skid and the STaK's box. Not a lot of room but it is enough.
IMG00618.jpg

IMG00619.jpg

The DIY Stinger bracket installed with the top plate welded in place.
IMG00620.jpg

The front axle in place and the lower control arms mounted up. I need to get the UCA bushing installed first and then I can put the upper arms on.
IMG00622.jpg

The rear lower control arms waiting for that rear axle. I should have it in place tomorrow.

Well today was an AWESOME day.
Both axles are now in place and other than one part (that is missing ) the Nth Degree lift is done.

IMG00626.jpg

IMG00629.jpg

IMG00632.jpg

I have to go do some buisness at Ft Lewis tomorrow but I hope after that I can get more done. I will have a 4 year olds help for the next two weeks. :laugh:
So next is work on the AiRock stuff and while running lines I'll also install the suspension arm sensors.

XJonathan said:
Plus tons of ground clearance:redneck:

I'll give him a fighting chance and bring him a set of 33x9.5 BFG A/T's that are older then me :flipoff:

Well the past week and a half have not been real productive with my daughter here. But this coming weekend I will be living under my Jeep finishing things up. I ordered the driveshafts today from Endless Mtn Fab he is a great guy to deal with and has been more than helpful when ever I needed something.

So be ready for some pictures to get posted this weekend or Monday for sure.

that's going to be one helluva jeep when you're through with it :clappy: great looking buildup.

Well here is my little helper working on the Jeep.
IMG00654.jpg

IMG00656.jpg

Okay so I took her home yesterday so I got a good nights rest and started working on the Jeep this morin. I pulled the transfer case skid back off to do the modifications that Nth doesn't do for the longarm kit.
IMG00667.jpg

IMG00668.jpg

IMG00669.jpg

IMG00670.jpg

Had to drill the two holes to be able to grease the rear gyro joints and clearance the ribs on both sides for the rear longarms.

I didn't get any pictures of the other work I did today. It feels like I am not getting anywhere sometimes.
The height sensors for the AiRock are inplace, the wiring harness is done & the air lines are run. Tomorrow I will finish off the wleding I need to do to the rear trackbar bracket.
IMG00660.jpg

IMG00666.jpg

Then I'll put the rear airbags in place. I did the front ones today. Larry brought my draglink & tierod that he made over today. Now I need to get my pitman arm reamed out for a 1ton TRE. I'll take some pictures of the draglink & tierod in the morin.

There is a lot of little stuff to do now. Run the power steering lines, run the hydrovac lines, install the t-case shifter, pull the roll cage and paint it, install the Tuffy overhead console and run all the wiring, mount the ARB compressor and run airlines for the lockers, wire the switches.

And I am sure there is stuff I haven't even thought of that I need to do.

Well today was another productive day on the Jeep.
I got the front shocks mounted, the rear trackbar bracket painted, the rear brake lines all hooked up.
IMG00681.jpg

IMG00682.jpg

I was playing around and flexin the front & rear suspension today.

IMG00683.jpg

IMG00684.jpg

IMG00685.jpg

IMG00686.jpg

Got all the AiRock airlines done and the filter/regulator mounted and hooked up.

IMG00687.jpg

Had to put some extensions on the air tank to move it towards the rear of the Jeep due to the size of the STaK's box and the Tummy Tucker. I have just enough clearance for the rear arms. It is painted and ready to mount once I get the wiring & airlines ziptied.

IMG00692.jpg

The draglink & tierod painted and hung to dry.

Hey all,
Well I hope those of you who could go wheeling had a good time and didn't break anything big.

So I didn't get to go wheeling instead I was wrenching on the Jeep. I posted pictures every night so here are the ones from today. I think I will be driving it out of the garage next Monday. (I hope)

So here is the engine bay as it stands right now.
IMG00694.jpg

The shifter linkage from the bottom.
IMG00695.jpg

And from inside the Jeep.
IMG00703.jpg

The air tank mounted and plumbed.
IMG00696.jpg

IMG00700.jpg

IMG00701.jpg

IMG00702.jpg

Got a flat pitman arm & reamed it out for a 1Ton TRE. Then got the drag link & tie rods in stalled. Now I need to get the axle centered and hook up the trackbar.
IMG00704.jpg

IMG00706.jpg

IMG00707.jpg

Tomorrow I hope the driveshafts will be here. I won't get to work on the Jeep until Thursday or Friday. I am waiting to put the skid plate back on until the driveshafts are here. I got all the wiring and air lines zipped tied and out of the way.
I next need to install the dual battery setup. Then hook up the wiring for the AiRock kit. The steering hoses & hydrovac still need to be hooked up and then figure out where & how to mount the steering assit ram.

Okay I took that big step and cut my frame for the rear shock mounts.
IMG00721.jpg

IMG00723.jpg

So I test fit the bracket and then trimed it to fit.
IMG00724.jpg

IMG00725.jpg

IMG00726.jpg

And then I welded them in to place.
IMG00729.jpg

IMG00730.jpg

Here is the shock installed on the upper mount, got to wait to do the lower mounts.
IMG00731.jpg