• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wildman's TJ getting a face lift!!

Wildman said:
So I am hoping that if things go RIGHT I'll have the Jeep ready for the trails on Sunday. That will give me 3 days of shakedown runs before the PNW Jambo which starts on the 5th.

I'll keep everyone posted and put up more pictures as things go along. And of course I'll be posting action shots once I am out on the trail.

Hope everything is working out. See you on Wednesday.

I'm in the Eldorado Dust Devils, we will be running tech on wednesday, Funny Rocks on thurs, Rimrock on fri, and Quartz Mtn on sat.

-Kevin

JPFREAK said:
Hope everything is working out. See you on Wednesday.

I'm in the Eldorado Dust Devils, we will be running tech on wednesday, Funny Rocks on thurs, Rimrock on fri, and Quartz Mtn on sat.

-Kevin

Well I was going to run Rimrock again this year but since I'll hav emy daughter with me I am not sure that is such a great idea. But I will be there and might do Quartz Mtn with you guys on Sat.

Well the new airbag is installed & the new York is too. I still can't get the stupid speedo calibrator to work but hey I can still drive it like it is. Just can't go as fast cause when I am doing 70MPH the speedo/computer thinks were going 85MPH.

So I'll work on that tomorrow and also get a few other odds and ends done. Looks like I MIGHT be wheeling Sunday, Monday & then packing for the Jambo on Tuesday.

Well today was a good day. My Jeep is done for the most part. I have a few little things I need to fix but overall it is done. The only big issue is that the PSC power steering is burping like crazy. I can't believe I still have any air in the system.

So here are some pictures from my first day out on the trail.
IMG00898.jpg

IMG00920.jpg

IMG00903.jpg

IMG00927.jpg

pokey said:
looks good rick, see you in a couple of days:D
Jim, I'll be there Wednesday around noon or if I get bored tomorrow then I might just head over then. Thinking about taking the boat out tomorrow.

Well not much of an update other than to pretty much finish off this thread and when I start doing all the little stuff I start a new one.

After the PNW Trail Jambo I had a few issues to get worked out. My power steering was still overheating so I add a B&M cooler to match my trans cooler. We will see if that cures the overheating.

Next was my right hub would not engage & tore up the insides of the hub. I got a replacement one from Lynn who use to be the Warn rep and is now living in the Naches area. I still need to send the old hub into Warn to get a replacement. They didn't do anything for me at the Jambo.

Next was the speed sensor. Now the STaK's box uses a Rubicon hall effect speed sensor. My old NP231 use a gear. Are you seeing a problem here?
So the speedo was reading about 10-15MPH off which would not have been an issue if I had a manual tranny but with my 4speed auto it WAS an issue.
I first bought a Dakota Digital speed sensor calibrator that I never could get to work. I spent 3 days of cutting and soldiering before I finally gave up and just drove the Jeep the way it was.
When I got back from the Jambo I ordered a Superlift TruSpeed and installed it last night. WOW!!!! :cheer: :cheer: I got the speed adjusted to a .5MPH off what my GPS was reading. Way cool if you ask me. It cost twice as much but well worth it.

Last but not least I have a thunk/bang coming from the rear but have not had someone else available to try and figure out what it is or where it is coming from.

So that is where I am at on my TJ. I hope that for the next few months I can just wheel the thing and enjoy all the hard work I put into it.